Warmest Gloves?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Apr 19, 2006
After hunting this past weekend and with me getting older the cold becomes more of a factor.

So my question to you knowledgeable fanatics is what gloves do you own or have heard of that keep your hands the warmest (especially your fingers)?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm guessing whatever the dudes climbing Everest wear might be pretty warm.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'm guessing whatever the dudes climbing Everest wear might be pretty warm.

Except these. Dont buy these.

everest-11.jpg

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I don't know what brand they are but I have a pair of DeerSkin mittens that I picked up at Theisen's in Ames. My hands were sweating at the Kansas game. By far warmest I have ever worn.

Also if you are wanting fingered gloves it is really hard to go wrong with any of the ice fishing brands, Frabill, Ice Armour, SnoSuit, etc.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Except these. Dont buy these.

everest-11.jpg

After watching that show on Discovery a couple years a go that followed that group to the top of Everest and pictures like this is why I have zero interest in trying that.

They walked by a dude who was still alive but since they are so high and need to preserve their own oxygen they all had to just leave him there to die.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
After watching that show on Discovery a couple years a go that followed that group to the top of Everest and pictures like this is why I have zero interest in trying that.

They walked by a dude who was still alive but since they are so high and need to preserve their own oxygen they all had to just leave him there to die.

Yeah, its brutal. But they know it going up. I can think of better ways to go extreme.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
After hunting this past weekend and with me getting older the cold becomes more of a factor.

So my question to you knowledgeable fanatics is what gloves do you own or have heard of that keep your hands the warmest (especially your fingers)?

Have you done an amazon search for it? Like the mentioned ice fishing or hunting gloves. Then read the reviews on ones you like. You can get a pretty broad review base.

The issue with gloves which sucks, is that everyone has a different tolerance for cold in their extremities. My fingers and toes get really cold fast so its hard for me to find good gloves and boots.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You might try some sort of outer mitten with an internal liner glove. I'm not a fan of mittens, but keeping the fingers together is a way to keep them warmer.

What setup do you have now? A good liner and some ski gloves would probably be an improvement.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
There was a pair of gloves in the Menard's ad this week that has a battery powered heater in them. Not sure if they work, but I give an A for effort.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Mitttens will be way better for warmth. If you can make them work, you'll be very happy. (bow-hunting, etc.) They obviously won't work for pheasant hunting.

I also have a pair of gloves by Head that I got at Costco. They are warmer than any hunting gloves I'v ever had and they have a pocket on the back of the hand to hold a hand warmer. They're pretty solid overall.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
There was a pair of gloves in the Menard's ad this week that has a battery powered heater in them. Not sure if they work, but I give an A for effort.

My dad has one of those battery powered heated gloves and he loves them. Not sure where he got them, maybe Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's.

Apr 19, 2006
Thanks everybody! I really appreciate your insight and who better to trust then a bunch of Clone fans!

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I see they make a mitten with an absorbent pad on the back to soak up your snot now. Needed a pair of those when I was a kid.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I also have a pair of gloves by Head that I got at Costco. They are warmer than any hunting gloves I'v ever had and they have a pocket on the back of the hand to hold a hand warmer. They're pretty solid overall.

This. I have a pair of these and love them. The pocket is also a vent so your hands don't get too warm and start to sweat. Sweating is never good when it's cold.