Want to buy the North Grand Mall?

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
You just went full Jambalaya, never go full Jambalaya.
lol

yep...The BBQ restaurant, Applebee's, and North Grand Mall is Rhoads' devil's triangle....then the recruit ends up in his basement eating tacos or something on his visit

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I feel like with Amazon it'd be really silly to buy a mall.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Come on JP/Roy Reiman..buy it....for something....practice facilities for teams? The "Cyclone Experience" shopping experience? Something. :jimlad:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I feel like with Amazon it'd be really silly to buy a mall.

Uggh...this....today I wanted to get a Roku, but didn't want to wait the 2 days for Amazon shipping (had time to set it up today/tomorrow, so wanted to get it done). Went to Target, they had the old version for full price, so I went to Best Buy. I got the Roku I wanted, then couldn't find a HDMI cable other than $60 Monster ones (seriously, how are they still getting away with that), and the sales guy couldn't answer my question, but tried his darndest to sell me a $100 remote.

Lesson re-learned, I guess.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
As sad as north grand is, it's still better than college square in cedar falls.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Maybe the new owner will redevelop the enclosed part into something with a better outlook (small lifestyle center or stand alone stores), pull in another large retail anchor, build a new big-time theater, more restaurants, etc. I can dream anyway. Likely nothing will change though. Wish they had built the 13th st mall, instead there is a bunch of hodge-podge development on south duff.

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Uggh...this....today I wanted to get a Roku, but didn't want to wait the 2 days for Amazon shipping (had time to set it up today/tomorrow, so wanted to get it done). Went to Target, they had the old version for full price, so I went to Best Buy. I got the Roku I wanted, then couldn't find a HDMI cable other than $60 Monster ones (seriously, how are they still getting away with that), and the sales guy couldn't answer my question, but tried his darndest to sell me a $100 remote.

Lesson re-learned, I guess.

Selling over priced cables and computer parts worked well for Radio Shack. Oh wait.

I don't know how Best Buy stays in business. Over priced stuff, employees that don't know anything, and **** poor customer service.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Maybe the new owner will redevelop the enclosed part into something with a better outlook, pull in another large retail anchor, build a new big-time theater, more restaurants, etc. I can dream anyway. Likely nothing will change though. Wish they had built the 13th st mall, instead there is a bunch of hodge-podge development on south duff.

It needs to be closed and started over. It would take a lot of money to update it and you would still have a dump.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Selling over priced cables and computer parts worked well for Radio Shack. Oh wait.

I don't know how Best Buy stays in business. Over priced stuff, employees that don't know anything, and **** poor customer service.
Most economists I think aren't real bullish on best buys prospects in the next 10 years.

Help Support Us

Become a patron