Voices from the Stands

CyzzleB

Sep 12, 2009
Watching on my phone at my kids 12u baseball tourney in Vegas with a couple of other ISU fans. "This is a different team with Lanning. He's a leader"

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Some dude banging hardhats together and yelling at UT players going back into the locker room...

"Charlie Strong for president!" x100

One of them was that long-haired offensive linemen #77. Dude looked like he wanted to hop the fence and murder the ISU fan.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
After half i switched tickets with friends, a Tejas fan was screaming, "WTF He's Huggin and Kissing all over him! WHY the **** wasn't that a Pass interfence?!?." To which I replied, " Hey, maybe in the south you guys are worried about that stuff, but here in the north we call that defense, It's legal here all night!"

Needless to say he was a little upset, and then they choked the rest of the night.....

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
A dude sitting across the aisle from me said he was going to call security if the guy sitting behind him didn't quiet down. The dude was literally just cheering the team, nothing obscene or rude. He went down to talk to him about it so the guy whips his phone out to call security. The yeller then stormed off. Some dude behind the yeller just started pouring into the get off my lawn dude and like 5 security people got involved. I'm not sure what the curmudgeon expected the environment of a football game to be.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Was talking with 3 Texas fans sitting in front of us. Said there was a lot of turmoil and division amongst the Texas players this season, and we were catching Texas at a great time based on that and some in-team spats that took place during the week. Hadn't heard anything about that, but as bad as they looked last night who knows. They also said Strong will not be back next year.

Also, leaving the stadium I heard a tanked tank of an ISU fan yelling "bring back ----ing Iowa, give us another shot at ----ing Iowa!" I thought wow, we just dominated Texas and this guys's first thought is Iowa? That 80s song Obsession popped into my head!

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Was talking with 3 Texas fans sitting in front of us. Said there was a lot of turmoil and division amongst the Texas players this season, and we were catching Texas at a great time based on that and some in-team spats that took place during the week. Hadn't heard anything about that, but as bad as they looked last night who knows. They also said Strong will not be back next year.

Also, leaving the stadium I heard a tanked tank of an ISU fan yelling "bring back ----ing Iowa, give us another shot at ----ing Iowa!" I thought wow, we just dominated Texas and this guys's first thought is Iowa? That 80s song Obsession popped into my head!

That could explain the big move in the point spread towards ISU late in the week, the Texas fans knew.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Not from the stands, but some gems from the Texas forums:

"The bottom line in general is that white coaches are just better coaches than black coaches. I believe with white coaches we have a better chance to win. Not that all white coaches are good nor all black coaches are inferior but I do believe in what I am saying. Give me the predominantly white coaching staff."

"I don't mind including black people in jobs that don't require a lot of responsibility. But this job is the head coach of the most prestigious football program in America"

"The black coach experiment has failed"

Nihawk

Nov 3, 2009

Good post! I enjoy seeing Clones win but it amazes me the number of ISU fans obsessed with Iowa.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
While tailgating two gals just stopped dropped their pants, squatted and relieved themselves on the 7th hole bunker on the Clearwater coarse. Couple of guys taking cell phone pics like crazy. Gals didn't seem to mind.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Good post! I enjoy seeing Clones win but it amazes me the number of ISU fans obsessed with Iowa.

This year there is admittedly a bit of obsession. But that's natural. Iowa's having a great year. Works in the other direction too. When ISU is having a very good year, there is a significant degree of obsession on the Iowa boards. See the last 4 years in basketball.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

It goes both ways. I have plenty of friends who are hawkeye fans and even though Iowa is 8-0, the seem to be more involved with a 3-5 ISU team.

Help Support Us

Become a patron