Vegas Invasion of Cyclones!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Allegiant stadium was fantastic. Walking back across the bridge, looking over the skyline of the Vegas strip, surrounded by Cyclone fans, was amazing. Just a top notch experience all around
It was nice they had the water dispensers outside the stadium and on the bridge too.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
@Mr Janny did you do the distillery tour? I did. Talk about a trip.
We tried but the tickets were sold out until later in the day, so we skipped. I'm very disappointed, because I heard it was amazing. Did you like it? Pictures?

I want to take @Angie now, just to show her the place.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We tried but the tickets were sold out until later in the day, so we skipped. I'm very disappointed, because I heard it was amazing. Did you like it?
I didn't know what to expect. It was like Narnia. 2 hr mind trip. Also, if you saw rickshaws outside, that's what they were for.
So it was 4 stops of booze:
Rum
Navy Rum
Brandy
Scotch (they can't really call it scotch legally)
Each in a maze/theme/different vibe.
The brandy was my favorite.
The scotch room was amazing.

They invented and patented a whiskey method, that's apparently winning a ton of awards.
Instead of aging for 3yrs in barrels, they use wood pieces, only once, in a stainless tank, and shoot these crazy bright lights at it, which was on when we went thru. 1 week later the whiskey is done.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I didn't know what to expect. It was like Narnia. 2 hr mind trip. Also, if you saw rickshaws outside, that's what they were for.
So it was 4 stops of booze:
Rum
Navy Rum
Brandy
Scotch (they can't really call it scotch legally)
Each in a maze/theme/different vibe.
The brandy was my favorite.
The scotch room was amazing.

They invented and patented a whiskey method, that's apparently winning a ton of awards.
Instead of aging for 3yrs in barrels, they use wood pieces, only once, in a stainless tank, and shoot these crazy bright lights at it, which was on when we went thru. 1 week later the whiskey is done.
That sounds awesome. I'm definitely going back.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I always flip thru those hotel cost books/city magazines while the Mrs showers.
Almost went to a steakhouse at the Wynn based upon an article but it was full.

It's nice to know there are other old souls out there too.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That sounds awesome. I'm definitely going back.
20210916-214749.jpg

20210916-212415.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's nice to know there are other old souls out there too.
Normally that's when I hit the lobby bar and wait it out. But first thing we did when we arrived was stopping at Walgreens for beer/waters/snacks.
Just makes those waiting moments and leaving the room (with beer in hand) moments easier.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
I wanted to feel for them but after Rashad Vaughan, their old coach throwing a temper tantrum at JTS, and specifically the way they bent over our fan base regarding ticket sales I really didn't feel bad for them. Didn't witness one bad interaction between our fan base and theirs though which was nice!
Yeah the Vaughn situation definitely made me feel like unlv was a dirtier place than I already thought

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
So, those of you that bought UNLV season tickets (to get into the ISU game).... I assume you will all be back for every home game! ;)

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
35k+ announced attendance, 7th largest crowd ever at a UNLV game.

Is that a “paid attendance” number. Because i would bet that it was more like 32,000 with 3k UNLV no-shows. That makes the 28,000 Cyclones out of 32,000 attending more close to what I witnessed. There’s no way that there was 7,000 UNLV fans present in the building. I bet they count the student section sales too. And it looked like very few of them showed up either. Saturday night game being dominated probably not a popular thing to do for those kids.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I always flip thru those hotel cost books/city magazines while the Mrs showers.
Almost went to a steakhouse at the Wynn based upon an article but it was full.

If you're in Vegas looking at a magazine while your wife is in the shower, you're doing it wrong.

• Eggplant
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If you're in Vegas looking at a magazine while your wife is in the shower, you're doing it wrong.
LOL, Good point.

We also know how difficult spouses can be with choosing a dinner spot. Take that times a 100 in Vegas, so that's what I was doing.

Reactions: NickTheGreat

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Absinthe the show was fantastic(not for kids). I know some Clones are still stuck in Vegas, so go check it out.

Reactions: Big_Sill

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Absinthe the show was fantastic(not for kids). I know some Clones are still stuck in Vegas, so go check it out.

Agreed. We went on Friday night. I had no idea what to expect going in, but we loved it. It was like a crazy combo of a burlesque, circus and comedy shows.

I was laughing so hard at the guy making fun of people in the crowd that my cheeks were hurting. Beware that if you sit in the first couple rows, there's a good chance they're gonna call you out!

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
My mini bar cost was $20 for shooter of absolut and $15.75 for a liter of Fiji.
LOL, thank God there are Walgreens and CVS everywhere.

I had to laugh at the hotel it was $20 for the warm water sitting on the counter when you could walk down the hallway to the vending machine and get a cold bottled water for $3. They just love taking advantage of people making stupid decisons.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron