Vegas Invasion of Cyclones!

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
For those that have ever experienced the Marriott in KC after a Big 12 MBB tournament win, Mandalay Bay last night after the game was much bigger! It was fun, I am glad I made the trip! My liver is telling me to not do this again for at least 10 years.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
So for those that went to the game were you required to show proof of vaccination or negative test?
They really didn't enforce mask wearing either. Lots of people started the game with masks under their nose, and ended the game not even wearing it at all. :mad:

The announcer said often that it needs to be worn, and was constantly on the ribbon boards.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
The showing of the isu fans was impressive. I almost felt bad for unlv but then remembered our heart break last week. It seemed to have more Iowa state fans but I’m guessing the unlv fans were more intrigued by isu then unlv

I wanted to feel for them but after Rashad Vaughan, their old coach throwing a temper tantrum at JTS, and specifically the way they bent over our fan base regarding ticket sales I really didn't feel bad for them. Didn't witness one bad interaction between our fan base and theirs though which was nice!

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
They really didn't enforce mask wearing either. Lots of people started the game with masks under their nose, and ended the game not even wearing it at all. :mad:

The announcer said often that it needs to be worn, and was constantly on the ribbon boards.
I saw one family get thrown out, but that's because they weren't even pretending to wear them and argued with security when asked to put them on. Some people just gotta be asshats.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Is the stadium air conditioned?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For those that have ever experienced the Marriott in KC after a Big 12 MBB tournament win, Mandalay Bay last night after the game was much bigger! It was fun, I am glad I made the trip! My liver is telling me to not do this again for at least 10 years.

Bigger, not better than the KC Marriott after a championship. No player parade, for instance.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Yup. It was absolutely gorgeous inside. Both in appearance and temp.

It was cold in our section. Some women wrapped themselves in garbage bags!

the PA made some joke about anything under 100 bring flannel weather!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
FYI, the 85 foot windows behind the Raider flame will open when the temps are moderate!