Valley WR Zay Robinson Commits

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not my area of expertise, but I was thinking higher ceiling Darius Reynolds?
I really liked Money Reynolds. That said, I don’t see much comparison. It’s a whole different, sleeker, streamlined toolset.

A 4” shorter Beni Ngoyi is one way to put it, at least physically. A faster Tracy Henderson?

And I’m only speaking athletically. The thing is, Zay has only begun to scratch the surface of his potential as a wideout. It’s like when a painter sketches out a rough framework of what he intends on the canvas. We don’t really know what the finished work of Zay Robinson is going to look like.

Who knows what four years from now will look like? We all may be speaking in Breece-esque hushed tones. That level of athleticism.

Right now, I’ll just look for him to go through the summer camps, then his senior season. One step at a time.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I agree with the assertions of fact that you made, but I don't think it matters all that much. Ill explain why:

The advantage of having the undisputed T shirt fan advantage in this state is the droves of low information fans that will eat up the company line propaganda and folksy myths iowa is built on. We all know KF and staff give the least possible F's what others think.

BUT, it's entirely debatable that the hok masses care even less. It's not that hoks aren't outwardly focused or aware of the criticisms, they are. But they are overwhelmingly on a spectrum of incapable of truly understanding to defensively refusing to accept any of it. They are reflexively reactionary and will spin any sign of KF decline or failure into proof-postive of the delusional myth of iowa exceptionalism.

Sure, we can all find exceptions and examples of iowa fans that are starting to see the forest for the trees, but I think we make too much of it. I really don't think anything is close to changing over there until KF wants it to or they lose way more than they win this year, regardless of context. And their schedule looks plenty manageable, at worst.

They still believe the can compete for championships without skill players. They still think they don't get recruits because of their location or because they "work too hard", not because of anything Kirk does or doesn't do. 'Guys don't wanna win, kids are too selfish these days', etc.

I hear it all day every day. I know many of you do, too.
I know it’s the offseason, but I feel like the instate forum is a better spot for an in depth discussion.

I suppose I may have to opt in again to dump on UI myself for a bit. ;)

Reactions: RezClone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We've been saying this for a long time. I'll believe it when I see it.
I think that we’re seeing it now. Obviously, they aren’t going to take a huge dip because there are so many brainwashed people in this state. But when you start seeing the 50/50 guys with no ties to either university pick ISU, that tells me the end is coming for KF.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Nah, if they don’t commit to Iowa, they didn’t really want them. Nothing changes.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
We're finally getting a crop of central Iowa D1 players and/or kids that grew up either ISU fans or without the stigma of 90s ISU football ineptitude. Campbell isn't perfect and maybe slightly overrated, but there's no doubt he's done more to improve our program and program perception than anyone in ISU history.
1) All of that I agree with, AND
2) We now have a ton of starters / impact players in the NFL. It all benefits.
And let's be honest, we need to do well in state long term in this era of NIL. You get 2-5 impact guys in state every year and it makes recruiting easier (you can then be more selective out of state)

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron