USA Today runs circles around DSM Local Media....

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I think this is my favorite part:

In other words, though a move by ISU to the Big Ten would likely provide the financial windfall necessary to help the ISU AD become self-sufficient and thus reduce the tax burden on ALL Iowans, it wouldn't help the Hawkeye football team.

My God. How ******* dense are these idiots?

Really ******* dense.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
If ISU is downgraded, it wouldn't be surprising to see a Tom Witosky exclusive in the Register after the fact about why it needs to cut athletic programs.

Forget about before it happens, you know, about why Iowans might be concerned about it.

His mom used to get upset with him when he criticized Hayden Fry's Hawkeyes.

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
Culver, an old tight end at Virginia Tech, is running a bad route politically, Crist says.

According to a 2001 Iowa Poll, Crist might be right. Forty-four percent of in-state adults root for the Hawkeyes when they play the Cyclones, while 26 percent root for the Cyclones.

So, what we're saying here is that football is more important than real political issues to those Iowa fans when election time rolls around?

What we're also saying here is that all of that 44% who are Hawkeye fans are intelligent and actually all vote in elections? That none of them are uneducated bums who only cheer for the Hawks because they win a lot and have a song about drinking beer?

Hmm, I'll take my chances on ******* them off.

ubuntuCAT

Oct 4, 2007
I think this is my favorite part:

In other words, though a move by ISU to the Big Ten would likely provide the financial windfall necessary to help the ISU AD become self-sufficient and thus reduce the tax burden on ALL Iowans, it wouldn't help the Hawkeye football team.

My God. How ******* dense are these idiots?

It would be great for ISU to get in the Big Ten but would likely mean all Big Ten schools get less money. I doubt adding ISU brings in any more money and now has to be split up to another school.

I'm just saying from a financial stand point I can see why they wouldn't want ISU in the Big Ten.

Last edited:

imahawkfansogfy

Jun 10, 2010
I bet Marc Hansen is a Iowa grad and a horrible writter at
that, typical smug hawkeye bs....

Oh, the irony. A truly horrible wriTter, I'm sure.

Hansen is one of the few good writers the Rag has.

Do you Clone fans not see the obvious publicity posturing going on by Gassley and Culver? They know they have no say whatsoever. They're doing this all to make themselves look good. Obviously kissing up. Is that what you guys want? Someone to kiss up to you?? Sure seems like it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It would be great for ISU to get in the Big Ten but would likely mean all Big Ten schools get less money. I doubt adding ISU brings in any more money and now has to be split up to another school.

I'm just saying from a financial stand point I can see why they wouldn't want ISU in the Big Ten.

ISU should offer to take 10 million less than Iowa.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
FYI Barry Crist has a facebook page where you can send him a message. I have not, and probably won't but if we have anyone who wants to take some shots at him, this is an avenue.

In typical ********* fashion, he has linked the Des Moines Register to his page and asked the question "Did I sugarcoat my feelings to much?"

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
FYI Barry Crist has a facebook page where you can send him a message. I have not, and probably won't but if we have anyone who wants to take some shots at him, this is an avenue.

In typical ********* fashion, he has linked the Des Moines Register to his page and asked the question "Did I sugarcoat my feelings to much?"

God, I wish you hadn't posted that. I couldn't resist, and sent him a quick note calling his argument into question.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
God, I wish you hadn't posted that. I couldn't resist, and sent him a quick note calling his argument into question.

HAHA!
Imagine what the series would be like if the financial playing field was evened out a bit. We already beat them every other year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron