USA Today runs circles around DSM Local Media....

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Wow, imagine this. A newspaper getting quotes from an actual Iowan on the situation, CHARLES GRASLEY, and it is a NATIONAL paper.

Wow, its so rare to see a publication who uses quotes and has actual sources these days.

Nebraska eyes Big Ten, could vote Friday on conference shift - USATODAY.com

Now contrast that article with THIS drivel from the Rag quoting how HAWKEYE fans feel about the possibility of ISU in the Big 10, vs looking to do an article asking how ISU fans feel about the potential breakup of the Big XII.

Hansen: ISU to Big Ten? Iowa fans wait with angst | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Truly amazing! Hopefully this clearly proves to all of our friendly media visitors (Yes I'm talking to you Jon Miller, Matt Parault, Kenny Miller, Marty Tirrell, Chris Hassel, etc.) where us Cyclone fans really stand. It makes me sick...:no:

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Wow, imagine this. A newspaper getting quotes from an actual Iowan on the situation, CHARLES GRASLEY, and it is a NATIONAL paper.

Wow, its so rare to see a publication who uses quotes and has actual sources these days.

Now contrast that article with THIS drivel from the Rag quoting how HAWKEYE fans feel about the possibility of ISU in the Big 10, vs looking to do an article asking how ISU fans feel about the potential breakup of the Big XII.

Hansen: ISU to Big Ten? Iowa fans wait with angst | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

Truly amazing! Hopefully this clearly proves to all of our friendly media visitors (Yes I'm talking to you Jon Miller, Matt Parault, Kenny Miller, Marty Tirrell, Chris Hassel, etc.) where us Cyclone fans really stand. It makes me sick...:no:

The Marc Hansen article is really amazing. I read the DMR about 3 times a year, but I won't be visiting their website or ever buying that paper again. Really amazing how this is going down in the press. ISU atheltics are under attack and people are laughing about it. Very hard to beleive, I knew people didn't care, but to openly cheer the potential demise of the athletic department is something i did not expect.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I thought the article was just trying to show that Barry Crist is a DB. Guess I will need to reread the article.

I now have revisited my true hatred for everything Iowa, I hope they fail big time this year, too much hype they probably will.....if past trends continue.....

Last edited:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
The caption of the picture on the Hansen article reads:

"ISU kicker Bret Culbertson celebrates his game-winning field goal against Iowa in 2009l"

I guess I turned the game off too early, who knew that we came back to win that one last year.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006

It's even worse when you realize that USA Today and the Des Moines Register share the same ownership (Gannett) :no:

skelly

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2006
The Dark Hemisphere of Eternia

Uh, the USA Today story is a wire story taken from the Register.

Conference Expansion: Sen. Grassley says he will protect ISU | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
It is hard to imagine a more biased media.

A loss of stature at any of our state's universities is nothing to celebrate.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I hate U of Iowa Athletics.....mostly their fans that never even went to school there. (They are the typical ones that run their mouths.) Their arrogance really makes our state look terrible.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Sorry guys. When I posted this thread, I honestly hadn't seen the Des Moines Register version of the story. I woke up this morning in my hotel, and I read the USA today story in the paper, then I went to the Des Moines Register and I saw that Marc Hansen story on the FP of the website. It just really irked me.....:skeptical:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think this is my favorite part:

The Iowa Board of Regents is on record saying that the ISU Athletic Department needs to become self-sufficient or else. While the extra money would help, it wouldn't help the Hawkeyes or please their fans.

In other words, though a move by ISU to the Big Ten would likely provide the financial windfall necessary to help the ISU AD become self-sufficient and thus reduce the tax burden on ALL Iowans, it wouldn't help the Hawkeye football team.

My God. How ******* dense are these idiots?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron