**Unofficial Confidence Check 1/4/22: NCAA Tournament Seed**

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think the OP is going to confirm that humans overreact both up and down to any new information. It will be like the stock market - over a long time period, it adjusts appropriately, but day to day it looks like a seismograph.

I would guess 90% of CF posters are emotional seismographs :)

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I think the OP is going to confirm that humans overreact both up and down to any new information. It will be like the stock market - over a long time period, it adjusts appropriately, but day to day it looks like a seismograph.

I would guess 90% of CF posters are emotional seismographs :)
I'll try to get reactions weekly, daily is hard to track.

I also stopped recording expected seeds once the game started. Probably a decent sized dip after halftime.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Not to be that sky is falling overreacting fan to last nights game, but I give it 3 weeks and I think this team will be out of the top 25. Which isn't necessarily 'sky-falling' considering the schedule. Do I appreciate this team's guts and efforts? Absolutely! Do I think TJ has done a good job? Absolutely! I just feel that strongly that the big12 is just too good, for an offensively challenged team who must defensively grind w/max effort just to keep themselves in games. Wearing down physically and mentally(from offensive woes).
Truth be told, hopes of eating crow in 3 weeks will be very welcomed.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
At this point, ceiling is a 3 seed, floor is a 10.
We might not finish in the top 25, but I just don't see any way, barring injury to a key player, that this team doesn't wind up in the top 40. Every win in the Big 12 will be a good win, and many of the losses will be good losses.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not to be that sky is falling overreacting fan to last nights game, but I give it 3 weeks and I think this team will be out of the top 25. Which isn't necessarily 'sky-falling' considering the schedule. Do I appreciate this team's guts and efforts? Absolutely! Do I think TJ has done a good job? Absolutely! I just feel that strongly that the big12 is just too good, for an offensively challenged team who must defensively grind w/max effort just to keep themselves in games. Wearing down physically and mentally(from offensive woes).
Truth be told, hopes of eating crow in 3 weeks will be very welcomed.

We scored 72 on Baylor while only making one three pointer. Our offense isn't great, but it's good enough.