UNI to drop baseball

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
And apparently you think being from the midwest and being an Iowan are the same as being an inbred redneck. Like I've said, there's nothing wrong with feminism in its true form - equality. Neo-feminism, however, is more than just equality, it's about "sticking it to the man" and gaining power over men. It's about making things so fair, that they are no longer fair.

Taking athletic programs away from men based on the percentage of a gender at a school is ridiculous. What's next? Are we going to have single-gender restrooms in public places? Oh wait, we do.

Here's the deal. When men get fair custody rules in divorce cases, I'll agree with your stance. When men get the same amount of paternity leave as mothers get maternity leave, I'll agree with you. When men can accuse a woman of 1st degree rape, I'll agree with you.

Like I said, neo-feminism isn't about equality, it's about revenge on the all-evil man. Feminism is wonderful, but there's a difference between that and what you're preaching.

And for the record, I hate hippies.

Which will never happen. It's an entirely different discussion, but the court system (especially in Iowa) has always been slanted towards the mother.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
kingcy, TarHeelHawk, and SouthernHawk: Very well formed arguments and statements. Props to all of you since I can't give out enough rep (my rep gun is out)

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Which will never happen. It's an entirely different discussion, but the court system (especially in Iowa) has always been slanted towards the mother.

Yup, it is. However, the point is, you can't argue equality for one thing, but then find excuses why things shouldn't be equal in other aspects of life.

If you are truly for EVERYTHING equal, like Mr. Creightonclone is, then this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
kingcy, TarHeelHawk, and SouthernHawk: Very well formed arguments and statements. Props to all of you since I can't give out enough rep (my rep gun is out)

Thanks...I don't really know a whole lot about Title XI other than that it was designed to level the playing field so to speak. When I see someone make a statement like "football programs don't make any money", I feel like that person doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

That and I'm trying to get my credits past 1,900,000. :wink:

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
That is way on called for. You are a ******* ******* for saying that. I just realize that because of FB my daughters may get a chance to play college sports, not because of some stupid law. I am so pissed right no you would say that about my daughters. What a ******* ******* you are. If you were here I would beat the **** out of you.

Don't be pissed at me, be pissed at yourself. You're the one who thinks Title IX is the devil. Title IX is good for women. I don't tell you how to think, it's your choice.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Again, dude, what's wrong with communism?

And we have a winner! I'd like to declare SouthernHawk, TarHeelHawk, and kinycy the winners in a hard fought battle. He can't even argue with you guys anymore and has to try to get this sent to the cave.

Please don't respond to this in relation to communism because the thread started with a good purpose.

Reactions: TarHeelHawk

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Don't be pissed at me, be pissed at yourself. You're the one who thinks Title IX is the devil. Title IX is good for women. I don't tell you how to think, it's your choice.

Dude, enough with the schtick. It's getting old. We get it, you agree with Title IX.

$1,000 on you never saying this to any of us in person.

I actually found a picture of you....

lolintvm4.jpg

Reactions: TarHeelHawk

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

I'm not the one who said I hate my daughers. Are you that ******* stupid. If my daughters are good enough to play college sports I will find a way that allows them to play college sports. Its the fact that FB is the reason they will get that chance, not Title IX. All Title IX is is a law that makes schools have an equal chance for males and females. Its FB that pays the way for them to get that chance. With or without Title IX I would bet my daughters would get that chance to play. Without FB there is no chance at all they would be able to play.

RocktheDome

Mar 3, 2008
Cedar Falls
Where is the argument from a son's perspective. The college male athlete is the one who is struggling here.

Men swimmers, baseball players, tennis players, and soccer players have a much harder time than almost any woman's sport. And that is because of Title IX.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Where is the argument from a son's perspective. The college male athlete is the one who is struggling here.

Men swimmers, baseball players, tennis players, and soccer players have a much harder time than almost any woman's sport. And that is because of Title IX.

Wrestlers too.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines

Exactly.

If a school offered six sports for men (baseball, track, xcounty, soccer, tennis and swimming) and six sports for women (softball, track, xcounty, soccer, tennis and swimming) and balanced the scholarships, everything is groovy.

But if that sport want's to add football to it's lineup and said, you know, we'll add women's volleyball and make it 7 & 7, (seems fair to me) they wouldn't be able to do it because of Title IX. They'd have to hack off about half of their men's sports to add football.

That's not "taking opportunities away" from women, it's in reality taking opportunities away from men.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA

This is part of the reason why you see a lessor number of professional Americans playing these sports, even in American leagues (like baseball for example). Our best male athletes are playing football and basketball these days because of this.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron