Uiowa Markets Team to Shrinking Fan Base

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
This is about recruiting, not about fan base. Many upper admin in WDMCS are big Hok fans, and I'm sure recent recruiting success ISU has had from Valley does not sit well with them.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I hate the Hawks just as much as the next CF'er but that event went over really well last year :shrug:

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Not football related but ran into two "Hawk fans" at our hotel in KC who decided to cancel their trip to Big 10 Tourney and go to Big XII instead.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Not football related but ran into two "Hawk fans" at our hotel in KC who decided to cancel their trip to Big 10 Tourney and go to Big XII instead.

Can you blame them? There were probably more points scored in the first round of the Big 12 tournament than there were total of the Big Ten tournament.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Could be my cousins. They were the jerks that really piled it on during the 80s-90s & how terrible the Clones' basketball team was. They equated terrible FB with terrible BBall (tru Hok logic there). Anyway, they were in Minneapolis in 2000 to watch a Tinsley/Fizer-led, smokin' hot Cyclone team. For all their spouting off, their actions show that they really know what good basketball is supposed to look like. Anyway, I do know that they were down in KC this past weekend - probably "bandwagoning it" to root for a winner. Guess I can't blame them - look at their train-wreck of a team this year.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
No parking or tailgating. Hmm, seems like Iowa State will plenty of that available to their fans that Saturday...

Feel free to join us in Ames, to watch a team that doesn't make you do silly things like "walk places" and "not get bombed before a football game".

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Must be hard playing football from the 1980s in the year 2014. At least we're just bad.

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
Mark Morehouse (the Gazette staff writer and Hawkeye homer) agrees in a live segment first aired last Monday on Cedar Rapids 9.2 “Central Iowa has suddenly discovered Iowa State football, this event is intended to combat that.â€￾ Morehouse was referring to this practice that will take place at Valley Stadium starting 1 hour before the Cyclones spring game in Ames.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Mark Morehouse (the Gazette staff writer and Hawkeye homer) agrees in a live segment first aired last Monday on Cedar Rapids 9.2 “Central Iowa has suddenly discovered Iowa State football, this event is intended to combat that.” Morehouse was referring to this practice that will take place at Valley Stadium starting 1 hour before the Cyclones spring game in Ames.

That is so little brother.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
That is so little brother.
My thought too. The table has turned and now Iowa is on the defensive trying to recover their fans. The die hard Iowa fans won't admit it but the tide is turning to ISU in the state.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
My thought too. The table has turned and now Iowa is on the defensive trying to recover their fans. The die hard Iowa fans won't admit it but the tide is turning to ISU in the state.

Sure it has- fans can't get enough of a3-9 football powerhouse in Ames. So proud Paul is building something big in Ames-enough to make all us loyal Hawk fans want to follow the Clones.......

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Get Allen Iverson in here.

He can explain it much more eloquently than I can.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Sure it has- fans can't get enough of a3-9 football powerhouse in Ames. So proud Paul is building something big in Ames-enough to make all us loyal Hawk fans want to follow the Clones.......
Obviously your AD is threatened by "lowly" ISU when they are scheduling public practices in West Des Moines at essentially the same time as the ISU spring game. IIRC they did something similar last year too. There's only so much of boring Kirk ball Iowans can handle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron