UConn v Nova

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Man I hope we beat UNC, because we matchup favorably with UConn.

Their defense relies on guard pressure/turnovers, which we handle very well. Their offense also runs through one(admittedly absolute stud) guy, which is why their offense has been wishy washy all season. No doubt if we get to the sweet 16 Napier likely goes off on us, but I guarantee they get way less points off TOs than they did against Nova tonight. I also read at some point midway through the 2nd half that Nova was 3/14 in the paint, and it was still a game. Yikes.

Only concern is that we have to play UConn in the garden. Although their fans didn't show too well to Buffalo which is very close to them as well.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Goddamnit. The path has lined itself with gold bricks, and in typical cyclone fashion we were delivered a swift kick the hangers right as we caught a glimpse of paradise.

It's like that one Meatloaf song, except instead of drawing first blood, a cop pulled up and blinded us with a flashlight with our pants around our ankles then calls our parents for being out after curfew. High school mang. not even once.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I was hoping for Villanova to pull it out. I honestly think with Georges we would have blown them out, and without Georges it still wouldn't have been close. We deserved as 2 seed over them for sure.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I was hoping for Villanova to pull it out. I honestly think with Georges we would have blown them out, and without Georges it still wouldn't have been close. We deserved as 2 seed over them for sure.

Yes. The selection committee ****ed us. Guess who doesn't get hurt if we do get that 2 seed.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Well by that sense, if we were seeded 2 instead of three, Kane would have broken his arm, right? Or maybe Ejim tore his ACL? Or maybe Niang still stepped on someone's foot going for a rebound and broke a bone in his foot.

Since you're taking my post so seriously, let me answer your questions:
No, Maybe, Maybe.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
No because it was a freak accident. You don't know it wouldn't have happened in another game. That only works if their guy intentionally hurt Niang

This is a weird conversation, but if we're going to have it. Game A: It happened or Game B: We don't know if it would happen. Give me game B.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Common sense? But it's too early to play the "what if" game.

Your post was the opposite of common sense. Don't play off poor critical thinking as common sense.

This is a weird conversation, but if we're going to have it. Game A: It happened or Game B: We don't know if it would happen. Give me game B.

Jesus. No. Game B anything could happen. We won in Game A.

Last edited:

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Oh I think I get it, you are worried about playing a 15 seed. Keep worrying about that. I'm worried bout winning a NC.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron