Tyrus in trouble?

Spam

May 21, 2008
I saw Tyrus and some other guys at the MU today. As they walked past, they were talking about chargers and having too many of them. You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

Chargers? Charges? San Diego Chargers? Cellphone chargers? Chargers on the basketball court? I have no idea what you're thinking

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Chargers? Charges? San Diego Chargers? Cellphone chargers? Chargers on the basketball court? I have no idea what you're thinking
They all recently bought Dodge Chargers and now they have too many.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I wouldn't ever steal anything so a moot point.
my point is he is a) a thief and has questionable morals or b) he made a really bad snap decision and didnt get the opportunity to make it right. I dont know all the details or know tyrus to make that determination, the way he lives the rest of his life will answer that question. But to write him off as a bad person is also dumb. You can say you would never had done what I did as an 18 year old and maybe you wouldnt have. I probably would say the same thing except i did make a horrible snap decision. I am not trying to excuse or justify tyrus he messed up and did something wrong and should pay the full consequenses. I just am reserving judgement on tyrus the person.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
my point is he is a) a thief and has questionable morals or b) he made a really bad snap decision and didnt get the opportunity to make it right. I dont know all the details or know tyrus to make that determination, the way he lives the rest of his life will answer that question. But to write him off as a bad person is also dumb. You can say you would never had done what I did as an 18 year old and maybe you wouldnt have. I probably would say the same thing except i did make a horrible snap decision. I am not trying to excuse or justify tyrus he messed up and did something wrong and should pay the full consequenses. I just am reserving judgement on tyrus the person.
Thats fair, but imo a thief is a thief. If he just snatched money out of the wallet like the article asserts, his age is not a mitigating concern. Your deal seems different.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I will never understand the amount of stupid one's head has to contain to think, "oh yeah, I'll just steal _____" whether it's a laptop/textbook in the library or MU, cash from a wallet, etc. I don't care what anyone says, those aren't "high character" people. Those are "high character as long as I know someone is watching me if not screw it" people.

How stupid does someone have to be to leave a wallet unattended with hundreds in $ in it? It goes both ways.

AlanStanwyk

Mar 14, 2012
The boosters need to step up and pay these players better. That way they don't need to "borrow" these kind of items in the future. :twitcy:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, they were just asking to have it stolen from them....

Leave something unattended in the food court, it's bound to get stolen. Take it as a life lesson.

I'm not saying Tyrus isn't an idiot, because he is. But so is the person that left their wallet, which hundreds of $ in it, unattended.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
What if you had to steal a loaf of bread to feed your 10 starving disabled kids in Russia circa 1942?

I would hire Rabbuk in a second for doing what he had to do under an oppressive communist regime. Then give him a raise right after I hire him for getting his family to the USA.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
The real question is why did that guy have $200 in his wallet? What is he doing with that much cash?

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Thats fair, but imo a thief is a thief. If he just snatched money out of the wallet like the article asserts, his age is not a mitigating concern. Your deal seems different.
In reading what he went on to spend the money on (groceries and then gave away money to friends ). It seems like he did have time to make it right, didnt keep it out of any necessity (not that it would make it right just a little more easy to see how a tyrus may have justified in his head) and doesnt appear that remorseful. So maybe he does have a screwed up sense of morality that believes if property is found it is fair game even if it has a name on it. Unfortunately many people would have done the same thing.

For those blasting the kid that lost his wallet, hope you never lose yours. I have had the same wallet for 20 years and lost it probably 3 times in public places. Each time it was returned without a dime missing. Great thing about Iowa, each time I didnt expect to get it back but each time it found its way back to me.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If you actually think that getting arrested makes you not a decent person then you're a very ignorant person.

You have a lot to learn.

People will make judgements of people on the littlest things, and this is a big thing. Nobody cares about what is going on in your head at the time. Don't steal unless you're willing to deal with the consequences of breaking the law.

Maybe your mom cares if you're decent or not but nobody else does...just don't break the law.

*innocent until proven guilty, of course.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
You have a lot to learn.

People will make judgements of people on the littlest things, and this is a big thing. Nobody cares about what is going on in your head at the time. Don't steal unless you're willing to deal with the consequences of breaking the law.

Maybe your mom cares if you're decent or nottbut nobody else does...just don't break the law.

*innocent until proven guilty, of course.

This is a half truth at best. And you are very much overstatingbthe probable consequences. He was not responding to tyrus's situation but the general statement. I am willing to bet everyone in this board has broken the law at some point in their life, including you. Most never get caught but does that make them better person? You never drank until your 21st birthday, never were intoxicated above a .08 at a tailgate or a bar etc. He agreed stealing from a person makes him a bad person but getting arrested doesnt.

As for your "this is a big thing".... Given the circumstances (keeping found property vs. actively stealing property) I would bet he pleads to get it down to fifth degree theft in which it would only keep him from working in a bank and it wont even show up in most national background checks. May even get a defferred judgment. He will have opportunities to prove this is or isnt who he is and that will determine how he is judged. People are a lot more forgiving than you give them credit for. Think how much we forgave royce and his indiscretions. Our current president snorted coke, president before that had multiple owi's and snorted coke and they both got THE top job. People DO judge people on who they are not just the mistakes they made. You couldnt be more wrong.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron