MLB: Two-City Team?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I suppose if I was a local TB fan and this was the only option to keep my team around, then I'd be in favor.

• Disagree
Reactions: cyfan21

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
I love the old Expos logo, but Montreal doesn't deserve a team. Neither does Tampa Bay. This idea seems to want to reward general apathy towards baseball. The Rays are a team loaded with young talent, there has to be a city that would appreciate them more than either of these places.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy and JP4CY

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Summer in Florida and fall in Canada?

I think they have that backwards.

Just move to Montreal already and be done with it.

Go 'Xpos.
Seems like Vegas would be a better choice. Tampa Bay and Montreal have shown they won't support the team, hard to imagine the few existing Tampa Bay fans would turn out early if they no they have absolutely zero chance of watching meaningful baseball at home later in the year.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Go 'Xpos.

Well, it would mostly be Spring in Florida and Summer in Canada. Season's about half over and summer starts tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I love the old Expos logo, but Montreal doesn't deserve a team. Neither does Tampa Bay. This idea seems to want to reward general apathy towards baseball. The Rays are a team loaded with young talent, there has to be a city that would appreciate them more than either of these places.
Should put the team in the Charlotte-Greensboro area IMO.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Go 'Xpos.
Yeah, Montreal would be the northernmost team again. A whopping 36 miles farther north than Minneapolis. Big whoop.

For the record, Toronto is actually south of the Twin Cities in latitude.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Seems like would be a giant pain in the ass for the players/families (housing, school for kids, taxes, etc.)

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Should put the team in the Charlotte-Greensboro area IMO.

Like the idea of moving to the Carolinas or give New Orleans a shot. Keep them in the Southeast. They're already the 'small market' team in the AL East, so they don't need to have a huge host city to make it work.

Reactions: clone2003

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Like the idea of moving to the Carolinas or give New Orleans a shot. Keep them in the Southeast. They're already the 'small market' team in the AL East, so they don't need to have a huge host city to make it work.
I’m not an East Coast sympathizer but from Atlanta to Cincy to DC is a large area for no team.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Seems like would be a giant pain in the ass for the players/families (housing, school for kids, taxes, etc.)
I wouldn't think the taxes would suck too much more. The Rays are paying Canadian taxes anyways since they get a few trips to Toronto each year.