True Detective Season 3

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Season 1 is one if the greatest tv mini series that’s ever been made. Season 2 is also really good, however it was hyped up so much that it was a let down just because season 1 was so good. Season 3 appears to be on track to be almost as good as season 1.

I liked season 2, but it unfortunately just didn't compare with season 1. Season 3 seems to be a return to form. Very interested to see where they go with it.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
When he first showed up it took me a second to figure out who he was.

I'm guessing they tag the trash man with the crime and Hayes knows that's wrong. Good show so far. Interested to see how everything plays out. These shows have been much more about the journey than the destination.
I don't think the trash man makes it to a trial. I think he is murdered by the town-folk when he tries to retaliate for what happened in this most recent episode.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I don't think the trash man makes it to a trial. I think he is murdered by the town-folk when he tries to retaliate for what happened in this most recent episode.

Well Hayes said something in the 90s about them trying to overturn a conviction, so they pinned it on someone. Obviously the wrong person because they didn't look into the brown sedan.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
After last night's episode, I am guessing they pin it on trashman. Wrongly so! But it is easy after what he does in this episode and next. Also wondering if that is how Roland gets his limp that he has in the 90s and why it Hays gets demoted because Roland isn't around to be the white cop people listen too so they pin it on the black cop.

The one interesting thing that I have in my head is if Amelia is somehow involved in the kids death. Not sure if it is just the show runners wanting us to think that, or if there is something to it. I wonder if there is something in the book that would give it away to Hays, that he didn't tell her but she has in the book, that he refuses to read. I am guessing not, but would be wicked if it turned out.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
HHHMMM... I wonder what Hays & Dorff did that was so bad?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Season 1 is one if the greatest tv mini series that’s ever been made. Season 2 is also really good, however it was hyped up so much that it was a let down just because season 1 was so good. Season 3 appears to be on track to be almost as good as season 1.

Season 2 kind of reminds me of Alien 3.

If what came before had never been released it would have been embraced as something totally awesome...but compare it to what was before and it's a letdown.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Wish they would have said what happened to Hays wife.

Also, what was the falling out with the daughter hinted at earlier in the season? They should have either developed that or left it out. Seemed they had a lot more content for her that got cut.

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
Wish they would have said what happened to Hays wife.

Also, what was the falling out with the daughter hinted at earlier in the season? They should have either developed that or left it out. Seemed they had a lot more content for her that got cut.

In reading things online, Pizzolatto said that there were two scenes that were cut for time that addressed these. First one, with Hay's wife, is that she died in her sleep of some illness/natural causes unexpectedly. Second one, with the daughter, wasn't that they had a falling out insomuch as she is very much like Hays, bad at communicating thoughts, feelings, etc. and when Amelia died, they just stopped communicating.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
While that ending wasn’t as auxilirating as the first season, the journey was good. Might not be a bad thing for them to have a somewhat happy ending. But I am guessing most won’t like it.

Also, no matter what he does he isn’t topping season one. So going s different route works. JMHO

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I thought the ending was really good. A little disappointing that Hays was so close, but I think it makes it a better ending than a super happily ever after ending.

But my lord, write **** down Purple!

One thing that is very satisfying for me is that Roland and Hays are "partners" again in the end.

Help Support Us

Become a patron