Votes: 104 65.0%
  • Never trim

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
Mine smoked like a Nebraska stripper for about 2 years, but it would...not....die. It also leaked oil, was loud as hell and I had to yank the cord until my shoulder was almost dislocated. But, once it started, it did a good job so I couldn't justify getting rid of it.

Last year I was outside doing yard work on the morning of our annual "Big Item Pick Up". I noticed the truck coming up the street so I literally edged around my flower bed, shut it off and threw it on the truck before it drove away. My wife wasn't happy, but the next day I had my new trimmer. Sucker purrs like a kitten on the first pull....the trimmer, not my wife. There wasn't much purring from Mrs Cooler for awhile after I pulled that stunt.

Awesome phrase. Gotta remember that one.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
I personally take my leaf blower out and blow everything off the sidewalk. But I'm a little OCD when it comes to things.

I suffer from the same debilitating disease, but I just use my riding mower. It's difficult to hold a beer and a blower at the same time, and my mower has a cup holder.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
OK, time for a confession.....

Even though my weed wacker would cut everything just fine by idling, I often feel the need to rev it to the max. I think I've been secretly trying to blow the thing up for the last few years. I use old gas/oil mix, run it maxed out, never change the plug, etc. but it won't die.

So you're THAT guy! Do you also make sure to do it at 7am?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Ever since this thread started last year, I started to trim before mowing, and I freaking love it. Thanks CF!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron