Transfering DVD's to iPad2

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Did a CF search but didn't find anything...

Has anyone used anything they like to try and transfer DVD's to iPad2? From the limited online research I did, there are lots of choices.

Anyone have suggestions? Thank you in advance!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Here is an article I found on how to convert the ripped DVD files to play on your IPad. You should be able to do a google or freeware search and find free DVD ripping software.

iPad 2 Video Converter - Convert Video to Play AVI,WMV,FLV on iPad 2

Edit: I'm in the process of backing up my own DVD library. I'm having a heck of a time trying to convert my digital copies to play on my XBox/PS3. I'm thinking about getting a software program like this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/123+Copy+DVD+Platinum+-+Windows/2301774.p?id=1218320818339&skuId=2301774

Last edited:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I've been using a program called DVDFab for years. I have a paid version that has some additional feature, but I think the free version would allow you to decode DVDs and then transfer them onto your iPad. A lady at work tried it at my suggestion and it worked like a charm for her. I don't have a download link handy but you can google it.

PS, the $50 version I have also has a video converter that can convert DVDs to almost any format imaginable. It might be worth the $50 for you.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Here is an article I found on how to convert the ripped DVD files to play on your IPad. You should be able to do a google or freeware search and find free DVD ripping software.

iPad 2 Video Converter - Convert Video to Play AVI,WMV,FLV on iPad 2

Edit: I'm in the process of backing up my own DVD library. I'm having a heck of a time trying to convert my digital copies to play on my XBox/PS3. I'm thinking about getting a software program like this 123 Copy DVD Platinum - Windows
I don't think anything you get at Best Buy will allow you to backup copy-protected DVds.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Magic DVD Ripper - rip DVD to hard drive or blank DVD

More than worth the $35. I have several DVD's backed up on my external hard drive.

Edit: Also with the free trial it allows you to open the program 5 times, not rip 5 DVD's. So if you just put your computer to sleep and leave Magic DVD Ripper running, you can rip unlimited movies for free.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I have a free program that works great! I am on campus and away from my computer at the moment to confirm the name but I think it is called Videora. Very easy and works great. Google it to find the website.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Just wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions. Lots of great ideas and exactly why I started here. Thanks!

Help Support Us

Become a patron