Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Yeah Georges was one of the most talented players in CBB while Jordan is truly one dimensional in just being a great 3 point shooter. He's not fast, he's not strong, and he has no size. When you're all of those things you don't play in the NBA.

He is also not that great of a 3 point shooter

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Kris averaging the same amount of minutes as Connor and Joe T is just absurd. Getting sandbagged this year hurt him more than playing next year would help him as far as nba prospects. He needs to fast track it and start playing against and being coached by pros.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Kris averaging the same amount of minutes as Connor and Joe T is just absurd. Getting sandbagged this year hurt him more than playing next year would help him as far as nba prospects. He needs to fast track it and start playing against and being coached by pros.
This ^^^^. Why would you return for another year when you got to sit so much as an NBA prospect?

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Was just thinking the same thing. He played 18 minutes/game and now he’s getting a Combine invite?! That’s coaching malpractice by Fran.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
No issue with Kris going back to Iowa for another year, he can definitely raise his stock. But not going through the combine seems really dumb
I agree with you on this. The age thing is overblown. Plenty of teams will draft a 23 year old next year if he's good enough. Marial Shayok got drafted at age 23, albeit didn't stick at the end of the day. I want to say there was a kid drafted this past year that turned 24 prior to the start of his rookie season. Still went in the 1st round if memory serves, and he'd be a full year older than Kris Murray next year at this time. Sure it isn't ideal, and it's super rare that it works out, but like I said, if he's truly that talented, teams will be willing to take their chance. I am not sure I've seen the same upside in Kris that Keegan has displayed however.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Aren't raw athletic tools that the combine would show about the only thing Kris has going?

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree with you on this. The age thing is overblown. Plenty of teams will draft a 23 year old next year if he's good enough. Marial Shayok got drafted at age 23, albeit didn't stick at the end of the day. I want to say there was a kid drafted this past year that turned 24 prior to the start of his rookie season. Still went in the 1st round if memory serves, and he'd be a full year older than Kris Murray next year at this time. Sure it isn't ideal, and it's super rare that it works out, but like I said, if he's truly that talented, teams will be willing to take their chance. I am not sure I've seen the same upside in Kris that Keegan has displayed however.
Sure you can get drafted at 23 or 24. But you better be ready to make a roster day one. Teams are very rarely going to take a developmental flyer on a kid that old. They think that by 23 or 24 what you see is pretty much what you get.