Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm not a Hawk troll, your statement was just dumb... He would have added value to our team last year, he's a nice role player on a good team. Try and be unbiased for once...

Yep, he played a solid role last year. He doesn't take bad shots, plays good defense, is a good rebounder, doesn't turn the ball over, and is a good ball handler.

May 27, 2020
Since there's a naughty word, I'd like you all to click the link instead of me posting it.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/075553bf7e7d79143e10d3a405b23b10/tenor.gif
giphy.gif

90s-baby-T3Vx6sVAXzuG4

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yep, he played a solid role last year. He doesn't take bad shots, plays good defense, is a good rebounder, doesn't turn the ball over, and is a good ball handler.
Letting a 36% FG / 46% eFG shooter take as many shots as he wants is a winning strategy in the long run.
Checks in on Connor........ 34.4% FG and 44.7% eFG

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not a Hawk troll, your statement was just dumb... He would have added value to our team last year, he's a nice role player on a good team. Try and be unbiased for once...
Everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose. Connor would have been terrible on last year's team tho, and might not have seen the floor much. He's only as good as the guys he can throw the ball to.

SEIACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2017
Everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose. Connor would have been terrible on last year's team tho, and might not have seen the floor much. He's only as good as the guys he can throw the ball to.
Ya I’m sure he wouldn’t have stole zions/grills minutes...You said he wouldn’t see the floor at another p6 school, when in fact he would have at the very school we both root for. Was just a lazy statement on your part. He does things well that our team lacked and would have paired well with Tre/Bolton.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Checks in on Connor........ 34.4% FG and 44.7% eFG

Really, really dumb post. Connor doesn’t shoot much and does a bunch of other things well, like having the best assist:turnover ratio in the country (you know, that stat that used to matter when Monte Morris played). Harris, JCL, and Bolton shoot similar percentages at much higher volume and don’t contribute anything else.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Really, really dumb post. Connor doesn’t shoot much and does a bunch of other things well, like having the best assist:turnover ratio in the country (you know, that stat that used to matter when Monte Morris played). Harris, JCL, and Bolton shoot similar percentages at much higher volume and don’t contribute anything else.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ketball-records-we-think-will-never-be-broken

It mattered because Monte broke the NCAA record for one season as well as a career. He's also currently #2 in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio, so we sincerely apologize for not getting on our knees for Connor.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ketball-records-we-think-will-never-be-broken

It mattered because Monte broke the NCAA record for one season as well as a career. He's also currently #2 in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio, so we sincerely apologize for not getting on our knees for Connor.

The data for A/TO that the NCAA uses for this record only goes back to 2008. Its a great mark set by Morris but its not a career record that goes back 50-60 years.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
When Monte Morris played, you thought Gessell was better.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Was this reply misdirected at me? My post was in response to the poster who insinuated connor>JCL, Bolton and Harris because of win share per 40 minutes. Not sure what tangent you decided to take it down. Weird tho that you think Bohannon and Frederick are better players than JCL or Harris or Bolton. Jordan has always been a volume chucker which gets him to a barely double figures scoring average, but neither her nor CJ play a lot of defense.

It wasn't in response to you, but yes Jordan and CJ's stats are much better than JCL and Harris for sure.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The data for A/TO that the NCAA uses for this record only goes back to 2008. Its a great mark set by Morris but its not a career record that goes back 50-60 years.
I read the article too.

That data only goes back to 2008 so sure, it's a smaller sample size than other records we've mentioned. But that doesn't necessarily make it any less impressive or unbreakable of a record.

Since '08, only one player, former Oregon guard Casey Benson, has recorded a single-season assist-to-turnover ratio that's higher than Morris' career average.

Morris averaged just over 1.1 turnovers per game for his career while dishing out as many as 6.9 assists per game in a single season. It's certainly possible for a player to average fewer turnovers per game or more assists per game than Morris but it's unlikely someone can do both.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I read the article too.

That data only goes back to 2008 so sure, it's a smaller sample size than other records we've mentioned. But that doesn't necessarily make it any less impressive or unbreakable of a record.

Since '08, only one player, former Oregon guard Casey Benson, has recorded a single-season assist-to-turnover ratio that's higher than Morris' career average.

Morris averaged just over 1.1 turnovers per game for his career while dishing out as many as 6.9 assists per game in a single season. It's certainly possible for a player to average fewer turnovers per game or more assists per game than Morris but it's unlikely someone can do both.

Morris was a lot better player than Connor, but to say Connor sucks would be wrong. He played a solid role on a Div. 1 tournament caliber team last year. That is far from sucking at basketball.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Morris was a lot better player than Connor, but to say Connor sucks would be wrong. He played a solid role on a Div. 1 tournament caliber team last year. That is far from sucking at basketball.
Those who say Connor sucks are wrong. He's good at things and bad at things, just like a lot of basketball players.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also, Morris was more than a lot better than Connor. He was head over heels, no comparison needed better. He was a top 3 PG in college basketball for 3 years straight and his freshman year he was one of the best freshman in the nation.

I know you weren't slighting Monte in any way, just thought I'd clear the air there.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Those who say Connor sucks are wrong. He's good at things and bad at things, just like a lot of basketball players.

But Connor seems to know what he is good at and bad at more than other players. He is a smart player that doesn't make many mistakes or poor decisions.