Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
LOL, not that many altercations.

Imagine defending Connor and Fran and saying they're not that bad, yet Fran has gotten suspended for his behavior two times in the last 5 years. "But Connor hasn't been that bad" (Leads the team in technicals).

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Imagine defending Connor and Fran and saying they're not that bad, yet Fran has gotten suspended for his behavior two times in the last 5 years. "But Connor hasn't been that bad" (Leads the team in technicals).
Remember only ISU fans are aware of Fran's wife too.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Why Yikes? I mean obviously Garza is taken over every ISU big man. Wieskamp is obviously the 2nd player taken.

Bohannon career 11.7 PPG, 4.5 APG 1.9 TO, PER 15.5
CJ career 10.2 PPG, 2.8 APG, 1.3 TO, PER 16.2

Jalen Coleman-Lands career 9.7 PPG, 1.0 APG, 1.2 TO, PER 11.2
Tyler Harris career 9.9 PPG, 1.4 APG, 1.6 TO, PER 10.9

That isn't even close. You got two turnover machines (compared to assists) who don't even score as much as CJ and Jordan. The only one you can even make a case for is Bolton, but since I already have Garza and Wieskamp, I'd rather have two solid players who can pass and shoot over a volume shooter/scorer like Bolton.
Was this reply misdirected at me? My post was in response to the poster who insinuated connor>JCL, Bolton and Harris because of win share per 40 minutes. Not sure what tangent you decided to take it down. Weird tho that you think Bohannon and Frederick are better players than JCL or Harris or Bolton. Jordan has always been a volume chucker which gets him to a barely double figures scoring average, but neither her nor CJ play a lot of defense.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don’t think you know how statistics work. Connor played more minutes than any of those guys, so obviously he is going to have a higher win share number. By putting them all on a per-40 minute basis, you are better able to compare. Connor is more of a winning basketball player than Harris, JCL, or Bolton.
You should feel bad.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep, Barta should have went after the Big 10 officials in a press conference after that one.
Our AD has done that in close losses, not when we get demolished by 20. Don't think the Big 10 sent a letter to Iowa explaining the refs messed up either.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
6 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists per game is pretty solid for a role player. Not sure why you guys seem to be so obsessed with Connor.
Look, Connor plays for Dad so he is guaranteed minutes. If he plays for literally any other P6 School he doesn't see the court unless it's with the walk ons. I hate to be the one to break this to you. He's not good at basketball.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Look, Connor plays for Dad so he is guaranteed minutes. If he plays for literally any other P6 School he doesn't see the court unless it's with the walk ons. I hate to be the one to break this to you. He's not good at basketball.
Alright which one of you Hawk trolls pays for premium CF subscription?

SEIACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2017
Alright which one of you Hawk trolls pays for premium CF subscription?
I'm not a Hawk troll, your statement was just dumb... He would have added value to our team last year, he's a nice role player on a good team. Try and be unbiased for once...