Top 25 Ranking streak

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It is completely appalling that our cyclones are not ranked in the TOp 25 in coaches poll and are 27th. Im sorry but any team that makes the sweet 16 and returns the guard court that we do has no business not being ranked pre season. What is utterly ridiculous is that Rhode freaking Island is ranked...Rhode Freaking Island. They finished 7th in the A-10 last year.....7th. How this even happens is beyond stupid.

Hopefully the AP poll and writers get their head on straight. Are we a top 25 team? Idk but we sure do deserve to be there week 1 that much I can tell you.

We have a streak of 38 straight weeks in the Top 25...That is not easy to do.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Agree with everything you said. With our current roster and ranked streak we deserve to be in the top 25 until we knock ourselves out of it

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
2ly24c4.jpg

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Does Kansas currently have the longest streak? Are we second or third? I know Arizona was up there too.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I usually don't care about rankings too much, but it would suck to end the streak without even stepping on the court with a chance to extend it.
Yeah I agree.
If the streak is going to end, I want it to end because the team lost, not because a few voters didn't put them in the preseason poll without a chance to prove it.

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Totally agree with the OP. When you have the best point guard in the nation returning along with the BEST backcourt in the country..... that team should have the national recognition to be Top 20. Total BS ISU isn't ranked in the Top 25 for the coaches poll. Absolute disrespect to our program and what it has accomplished the past 5+ years. It's pretty unbelievable the disrespect ISU gets.

The AP is the better poll, and I have the feeling we might be 20-25 there. I'm hoping this all really motivates the guys. Big time year coming again IMO.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
While I agree with most of these thoughts, I also find my mind drifting back to games where Niang just literally carried us, like the show he put on vs. OU in KCity or in the Virginia game at the Sweet 16. Now, am I optimistic we can still be a top 25 team this year? You bet. But, I imagine when you lose an All-American plus the rest of your experienced front court, the voters figure there are better teams out there.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
It is completely appalling that our cyclones are not ranked in the TOp 25 in coaches poll and are 27th. Im sorry but any team that makes the sweet 16 and returns the guard court that we do has no business not being ranked pre season. What is utterly ridiculous is that Rhode freaking Island is ranked...Rhode Freaking Island. They finished 7th in the A-10 last year.....7th. How this even happens is beyond stupid.

Hopefully the AP poll and writers get their head on straight. Are we a top 25 team? Idk but we sure do deserve to be there week 1 that much I can tell you.

We have a streak of 38 straight weeks in the Top 25...That is not easy to do.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not too concerned about the streak, but it seems odd that the polls would not consider the strength (AND quality depth) of our guard court in their rankings. Look at Purdue last year. They were ranked in the top 25 in most (if not all) of the preseason polls - mainly due to their FRONT COURT strength. Why did they end up NOT doing as well as the preseason prognostication? They lacked strong guards. Naz, Monté and Matt PLUS Burton, Babb and a top Juco guard? That should be enough to warrant a top 25 ranking in any of the polls, imo.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Im just confused by Rhode Island being ranked? I mean its not like they did anything in the tourney last year and they finished 7th in the A-10? I mean i could understand Dayton..they are good and won it..but Rhose Island?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
While I agree with most of these thoughts, I also find my mind drifting back to games where Niang just literally carried us, like the show he put on vs. OU in KCity or in the Virginia game at the Sweet 16. Now, am I optimistic we can still be a top 25 team this year? You bet. But, I imagine when you lose an All-American plus the rest of your experienced front court, the voters figure there are better teams out there.

If there is a username and a word that don't go together it's optimistic and allfourcy.