Too much Kool-Aid for me?

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
DJK15 -

It's hilarious that ISU fans pick the worst games on our schedule and ridicule them and negate to mention the quality opponents we play (and if we really want to get into an argument about scheduling patsie nonconference opponents, why don't we look at ISU - NDSU {FCS opponent}, Army {maybe the worst FBS team}, and Kent State {Non BCS team that will be far weaker than last season} all on the schedule for 09).

As I stated above, Iowa's scheduling practice is to schedule a gimme, a should win, the ISU game, and a challenge. Pretty much every Iowa schedule since Fry took over meets that description, and keep in mind some teams aren't as good when we play as they were when we scheduled them (Syracuse), also the Iowa/Mizzou series getting cancelled hurt our SOS the last couple years.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
I believe trouble makers is more correct....

Go back to the Iowa sites and blow up the we're going to win the National Championship ballon a little more...

If your posters stop spewing incorrect information about Iowa there wouldn't be Iowa posters here in the first place, look at my posts, I am ONLY here to correct unsubstantiated claims and total lies.

Stop discussing Iowa and you won't see Iowa posters anymore, how many ISU threads to you see on Hawkeyenation or Hawkeyereport? Few, if any, and I believe a correlated result is few ISU posters on those sites.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
If your posters stop spewing incorrect information about Iowa there wouldn't be Iowa posters here in the first place, look at my posts, I am ONLY here to correct unsubstantiated claimed and total lies.

Stop discussing Iowa and you won't see Iowa posters anymore, how many ISU threads to you see on Hawkeyenation or Hawkeyereport? Few, if any.

This thread wasn't about Iowa, but got hijacked by a bunch of Hawk fans. For the life of me I can't understand why Hawks come to a site labled Cyclone Fanatic other then to pee in everybody's Kool-Aid...

Last edited:

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
When you start a prediction thread and begin discussing the Iowa game like you deserve to be the favorites, as some ISU posters seem to believe, Iowa fans will of course take offense to that. If ISU fans looked at that game as a "toss up" few Iowa fans would object.

If ISU fans stop posting about Iowa entirely you won't won't see many, if any, Iowa posters.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
If ISU fans stop posting about Iowa entirely you won't won't see many, if any, Iowa posters.

I agree. I wouldn't be here nearly as much if the Hawkeyes weren't such a hot topic all the time.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
When you start a prediction thread and begin discussing the Iowa game like you deserve to be the favorites, as some ISU posters seem to believe, Iowa fans will of course take offense to that. If ISU fans looked at that game as a "toss up" few Iowa fans would object.

Why not? At home at Jack Trice? Last years game was very even until the very end and now Green is gone. Now who'd drinking Kool Aid?

Last edited:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008

Why not? At home at Jack Trice? Last years game was very even until the very end and now Green is gone. Now who'd drinking Kool Aid?

Team A: Won 2 games last year. Has won 5 games combined in the past 2 years. Hasn't won a road game in over 4 years. Has an entirely new coaching staff.

Team B: Won 9 games last year. Won a bowl game on New Years Day against an SEC opponent. Finished the season ranked in the top 25. Will enter the contest with Team A ranked in the top 25. Has won 4 of the last 6 against Team A.

Which team do you think deserves to be the favorite??

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
If your posters stop spewing incorrect information about Iowa there wouldn't be Iowa posters here in the first place, look at my posts, I am ONLY here to correct unsubstantiated claims and total lies.

Stop discussing Iowa and you won't see Iowa posters anymore, how many ISU threads to you see on Hawkeyenation or Hawkeyereport? Few, if any, and I believe a correlated result is few ISU posters on those sites.
I could give a rats *** about how much info you can spew about Iowa. The fact of the matter is, we are in Iowa, only Iowans care either way, and since this is basically the only program in the midwest you can make fun of whose fans get pissed about it, you douchbags show up on a regular basis so you can feel superior to at least one thing in your life. So yes, you are right, but since your screen name is hawk fan, and this is a cyclone site, I'll drink tons of kool-aid so I can puke it up all over you.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Team A: Won 2 games last year. Has won 5 games combined in the past 2 years. Hasn't won a road game in over 4 years. Has an entirely new coaching staff.

Team B: Won 9 games last year. Won a bowl game on New Years Day against an SEC opponent. Finished the season ranked in the top 25. Will enter the contest with Team A ranked in the top 25. Has won 4 of the last 6 against Team A.

So what? Team B won last year, team A won the year before. Team B has less talent than last year. Team A has more.

Team A is at home and over the last 15 years home teams have mostly won in this series.

But thanks for giving me the "facts".:biglaugh:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I could give a rats *** about how much info you can spew about Iowa. The fact of the matter is, we are in Iowa, only Iowans care either way, and since this is basically the only program in the midwest you can make fun of whose fans get pissed about it, you douchbags show up on a regular basis so you can feel superior to at least one thing in your life. So yes, you are right, but since your screen name is hawk fan, and this is a cyclone site, I'll drink tons of kool-aid so I can puke it up all over you.

I find it hard to believe you've never been banned for how much you flame. You really are a prime example of Internet Tough Guy.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

The same team that was the favorite when they were ranked #8 in the country and lost 23-3.

The same team that was heavily favored when they lost 15-13.

The same team that was favored to beat Northwestern and Western Michigan and got their heads handed to them on a platter. At home. Several times.

Let Iowa be the favorite. They never live up to their message board hype.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
The same team that was the favorite when they were ranked #8 in the country and lost 23-3.

The same team that was heavily favored when they lost 15-13.

The same team that was favored to beat Northwestern and Western Michigan and got their heads handed to them on a platter. At home. Several times.

Let Iowa be the favorite. They never live up to their message board hype.

Monty, do you recall any posts on any threads where ANY ISU fans stated Iowa doesn't deserve to be favored?

I can't, but you have a real good memory about all this.

I'll throw the "rabid" Hawk fans a bone -- Iowa deserves to be favored. There. Happy?

But just because a team "deserves" to be favored doesn't mean they are going to win. Penn State "deserved" to be favored last year. Lost to Iowa

Ohio State "deserves" to be favored over Iowa this year, right? Any Hawk fan disagree with that one? Does that mean Iowa will then lay down and not play that game hard to win just because OSU if favored? I don't expect that.

The same applies for the ISU game, rabid Hawk fans. Just because the Hawks "deserve" to be favored, doesn't mean they'll walk out winners.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Monty, do you recall any posts on any threads where ANY ISU fans stated Iowa doesn't deserve to be favored?

I can't, but you have a real good memory about all this.

I'll throw the "rabid" Hawk fans a bone -- Iowa deserves to be favored. There. Happy?

But just because a team "deserves" to be favored doesn't mean they are going to win. Penn State "deserved" to be favored last year. Lost to Iowa

Ohio State "deserves" to be favored over Iowa this year, right? Any Hawk fan disagree with that one? Does that mean Iowa will then lay down and not play that game hard to win just because OSU if favored? I don't expect that.

The same applies for the ISU game, rabid Hawk fans. Just because the Hawks "deserve" to be favored, doesn't mean they'll walk out winners.

applause1234363884.gif

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Just because you don't like hearing the "facts" from somebody else on a Cyclone Fanatic site? I didn't think your skin was that thin....

ISU has more talent returning than Iowa.

That's not a fact... that's a load of BS.

Help Support Us

Become a patron