Tom Ricketts Addresses the Cubs

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
As some of you know, the Cubs were bought by Tom Ricketts this past fall, and yesterday he took some time out his busy schedule to address the team as they started spring training. It was one hell of a speech.

First off, guys, I want to say what a privilege it is to be here today to talk to a room full of employees that I inherited when I bought your company last year.
It’s an honor. I’ve been a fan of the Chicago Cubs much of my life. Then again, I used to watch the A-Team a lot, and it’s not like I didn’t know that sucked, too.

Since I'm not going to cut and paste the whole article (and I'm waiting on AutoCad to download), I'll just post the link. It's worth the read.

http://www.desipio.com/?p=2770

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
As some of you know, the Cubs were bought by Tom Ricketts this past fall, and yesterday he took some time out his busy schedule to address the team as they started spring training. It was one hell of a speech.

First off, guys, I want to say what a privilege it is to be here today to talk to a room full of employees that I inherited when I bought your company last year.
It’s an honor. I’ve been a fan of the Chicago Cubs much of my life. Then again, I used to watch the A-Team a lot, and it’s not like I didn’t know that sucked, too.

Since I'm not going to cut and paste the whole article (and I'm waiting on AutoCad to download), I'll just post the link. It's worth the read.

http://www.desipio.com/?p=2770

I hate desipio.com. Worst. Blog. Ever.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I like it. Pretty funny guy.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Since I didn't want to start yet another Cubs thread, did you guys see the piece on ESPN.com about Soriano's knee feeling much better?

If he plays well, the Cubs will be fine. If not, it's going to be another year like last year.

Edit: here's the link:

Chicago Cubs left fielder Alfonso Soriano says surgically repaired left knee is feeling more powerful - ESPN Chicago

Or if Ramirez doesn't miss two months, or if they get any production out of 2nd base, or if the entire pitching staff isn't on the DL at some point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron