tolfbfan: The Plan! The Plan! . . .

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
This article got me super hyped. I want to flash to 2 seasons from now and see where we are at because I feel like we will be arguing if we will win 8 or 9 games that season.
game-of-thonres-tyrion-lannister-i-drink-and-i-know-things.jpg

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
A 14 inch binder? Is that a typo or is this longer than an encyclopedia?
I think it means a 14" binder. Now, if we were talking about McDermott's basketball playbook, it would refer to thickness.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I hate to say THE PLAN, THE PLAN!!! Actually, I don't hate to say it. I saw little steps forward every day of every year. NOW!!!!!!!, I also saw some missteps along the way which were, "what the hell" moments. When you are trying to get close to two hundred people on the same page stuff happens. Don't lose faith. The staff will not deviate from the plan and we fans need to be fair. We have a group who will work hard and smart.....you can't ask more than that. Not koolaide drinking lap dogs, just be fair!

Rockclone

Jul 18, 2016
I have had the privilege of being around Matt and his staff on many occasions. They are some of the most impressive young men you will find. They have one vision one plan. They will make it happen!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I hate to say THE PLAN, THE PLAN!!! Actually, I don't hate to say it. I saw little steps forward every day of every year. NOW!!!!!!!, I also saw some missteps along the way which were, "what the hell" moments. When you are trying to get close to two hundred people on the same page stuff happens. Don't lose faith. The staff will not deviate from the plan and we fans need to be fair. We have a group who will work hard and smart.....you can't ask more than that. Not koolaide drinking lap dogs, just be fair!

I like it when you say "we" :D

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This article got me super hyped. I want to flash to 2 seasons from now and see where we are at because I feel like we will be arguing if we will win 8 or 9 games that season.

If we win, the narrative will be that he cast a great vision and was super organized.

If we lose it will be that he's too rigid and won't compromise.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
“Every one of those programs are aligned from the equipment room to the training room to the academic support,” Campbell said. “Every person that is in this program is aligned to the right vision and right success.”

This is probably the most important part of the piece Bobby wrote. Love this quote. This carries over into just about every aspect of life, from family, to the office, to how organizations are successfully run. I have quietly been pessimistic about Coach Campbell, but after reading this and hearing how he runs practices, I think ISU is in excellent hands.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Pretty awesome read. After reading that we should definitely appreciate the fact that he chose to come to ISU. I know we have a lot of attractive things to offer but it seems like Cambell is the type of guy that could have easily taken more "attractive" offers from more successful programs. With what he is investing in ISU with his plan I hope we do the same and invest in him and his staff. If they can turn this program around, do whatever it takes to keep them here as long as possible.

Hopefully this all translates to wins during the season but I love the vision this staff has and what they have been able to accomplish up to this point.

CyNerd

Jul 2, 2014
Pretty awesome read. After reading that we should definitely appreciate the fact that he chose to come to ISU. I know we have a lot of attractive things to offer but it seems like Cambell is the type of guy that could have easily taken more "attractive" offers from more successful programs. With what he is investing in ISU with his plan I hope we do the same and invest in him and his staff. If they can turn this program around, do whatever it takes to keep them here as long as possible.

Hopefully this all translates to wins during the season but I love the vision this staff has and what they have been able to accomplish up to this point.

This is crazy important. There are some real winners on his staff at the moment (Coach Lou in particular). Great head coaches have great support, and ISU will need to revisit the assistants/coordinators salaries when the time comes. Look at the salaries of Clemson's coordinators as an example. I actually believe Dabo waived some of his raise and requested it be allocated between them. Staff continuity is a very big deal.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
This is crazy important. There are some real winners on his staff at the moment (Coach Lou in particular). Great head coaches have great support, and ISU will need to revisit the assistants/coordinators salaries when the time comes. Look at the salaries of Clemson's coordinators as an example. I actually believe Dabo waived some of his raise and requested it be allocated between them. Staff continuity is a very big deal.

Staff continuity is what ultimately did in McCarney and arguably Rhoads. It's a far bigger deal than most people realize

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
When Rhoads came here initially he instilled a lot of excitement back in the program for the players. I think MC is doing the same exact thing right now. I got as feeling we'll see a team that will be willing to run through a wall this year for MC, the staff, and each other. Results may vary from what we hope for, but I expect to see the effort be top notch this year.

When ISU went down to KU and got whooped a couple years ago, it looked like no one gave a damn. That was when I really knew Rhoads was in trouble. If ISU is disciplined and more excited to play than the other guys, good things are certainly possible. I expect to see a surprise upset somewhere this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron