Toledo-BYU

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
what the hell happened to mack brown on the telecast? i know it takes old men a while to pee but geesh.

Rockclone

Jul 18, 2016
That's the offense ISU has to look forward too in the next few years. That offense had Campbell written all over it.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yes I understand that part but I don't know why it's hard for him not to look up. That's just a fail tackling mechanic. BYU has three targeting calls so far this season. It's clear they aren't being taught to tackle correctly.

Toledo back on top. Go rockets!

Well, if you are bending over to tackle a guy around the mid-section, its definitely natural to have your face down since that keeps your neck straight. I would think the unnatural thing would be to look up. Its also a natural reaction to protect your face when you are about to collide with something. Why would you want to go face first into a tackle? Everything they teach about "looking up" while tackling goes against our natural instincts.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
No he's right, Jason Candle is the brains. Not only does Campbell get no credit for the team he put together at his previous school, he is also responsible for the mess he was left at this one.

Makes sense if you don't think about it

I mean, I certainly hope not. But hiring a coach from a mid major only to find that one of their coordinators was the real source of success is hardly an unknown situation.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I mean, I certainly hope not. But hiring a coach from a mid major only to find that one of their coordinators was the real source of success is hardly an unknown situation.
Tim Beckman comes to mind.