Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Yes, I know it's only April, but the Iowa Pork Producers Association is now soliciting entries for its 2019 Best Breaded Pork Tenderloin contest. You can nominate restaurants until June 6, but I'd advise not waiting. Too easy to forget to do it.
This year they have a specific page on the website with a prepopulated list of restaurants. However, if you don't see the one you want to submit, simply choose "Add New Restaurant" from the dropdown list and type it in. You can enter one of two ways ONLY: through this online form or mailing in your nomination.

The info page with form is here https://www.iowapork.org/tenderloin-form/

If you need a dining partner to try out some places, let me know. Good luck to your favorite!

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I haven't tried many of the past winners, but it seems every time I get one, it's just not as good as the ones at Hy-Vee. As a tenderloin fan, I feel stupid saying this, but every time I have one from Hy-Vee, it's just plain delicious.

Ben4Cy

Aug 28, 2016
Nicks is the best for me. I was pleasantly surprised at Spectators in Altoona.

I used not be a tenderloin guy then I realized I was running away from deep fried meat.

• Friendly
Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
I nominated Smokin BBQ Pits in Cedar Rapids. Smoked tenderloin, then hand breaded and fried when you order. It's amazing.

• Informative

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Cole's in Slater has a great one. Was there earlier in the year. Too bad it burned a couple of weeks ago. Hope they can get it back up again.

• Optimistic

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Cole's in Slater has a great one. Was there earlier in the year. Too bad it burned a couple of weeks ago. Hope they can get it back up again.

I went there a few times.

That place was diiiiiiiirty. I went in there last fall after an ISU football game and it smelled bad like rotten and had gnats flying all over.

Hope they can rebuild and improve the facility. I 'm a big fan of what they do.

Anyway, Polk City Pub has a fantastic pork tenderloin.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Is this in the Phillips 66 out by Gateway? I haven't been there since they put in a whole dining area. If it is anything like burgies, I'm sure everything they make is delicious.

It is! The one with the big gas can statue outside. It's not the pounded flat kind that can get dry, it's very juicy and tender. I feel like the bun could have a slightly better ratio, but it's overall fantastic.

• Informative