Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Great career, incredibly enjoyable to watch. Would have loved to them to get that natty but getting there twice was still incredible. Going to be interesting to see how much she changes the women’s game long term.
Not being clutch and able to win it all will keep her out of the GOAT talk but definitely the best Hawkeye WBB ever.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I don't think we will see a lot of logo 3's being allowed by coaches . WBB is full of young talent it's only going to continue to get the spotlight more and more
Maybe not logo 3’s but hopefully a more balanced game. Going to be hard to keep people interested in watching 40 minutes of the George Mikan drill.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Maybe not logo 3’s but hopefully a more balanced game. Going to be hard to keep people interested in watching 40 minutes of the George Mikan drill.
Have you watch the young talent I was referring to? They are gamers on both sides of the ball..WBB is in great hands going forward

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My wife watched the games, I only watched here and there. My wife commented to me yesterday that she had to have been talked to because it was night and day difference in the final four game and the other games she saw. I will ask about the final game.

I saw that FF game and didn't notice any antics so it was tolerable to watch.

She still acted like she might need a stretcher after a couple of fouls which is just kind of weird behavior.

Reactions: BCClone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
While there are some aspects of Clark's game I don't like such as the whining to the refs (she did tone it down lately) still have to admire the incredible talent she is. We are a Cyclone household but even my 4th and 1st grade daughters who are big fans of Addy and Audi are big Clark fans too. How can I not support that as I want them to think they achieve big things too.

She has been great for the sport and has brought in a ton of fans that may not have given WBB the time of day before. Every girl now wants to be the next Caitlin Clark which is not a bad thing for the sport.

I hope that there are stars in waiting next season as there are a bunch of big names about to join the WNBA. Audi has the chance to be one which as Cyclone fans should excite us about next season.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Iowa performed better in the tournament than most people expected. Today, they just couldn't lick those 'Cocks.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
I know they do it for financial reasons and maybe it's necessary for the tourney to be viable, but I hope the women's tourney eventually goes away from hosting the first two rounds at home for the #1-#4 seeds, that's just a massive advantage.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I know they do it for financial reasons and maybe it's necessary for the tourney to be viable, but I hope the women's tourney eventually goes away from hosting the first two rounds at home for the #1-#4 seeds, that's just a massive advantage.
The problem is that most WBB first round tourney games aren't going to draw crowds at neutral sites. Financially it's a loser and the optics of playing in empty arenas aren't great.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Agree. Last year having to go through 36-0 SC to get there, this year having to go through the LSU superteam and then UCONN, brutal.

Staley though, wow, to lose 5 players to the WNBA draft and then come back and coach a bunch of freshmen to 37-0 and a natty, that's impressive.
The LSU super team never really gelled, to be fair. Uconn was down to 7 with injuries. Good teams and Iowa played well to beat them. But you've got some hyperbole in your statement.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Agree. Last year having to go through 36-0 SC to get there, this year having to go through the LSU superteam and then UCONN, brutal.

Staley though, wow, to lose 5 players to the WNBA draft and then come back and coach a bunch of freshmen to 37-0 and a natty, that's impressive.

LSU was what…. a 3 seed? Lost some games this year they had no business losing. They had issues. Iowa was a 1 seed.

And UConn was only down 5 players…. great win Iowa! Really?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
LSU was what…. a 3 seed? Lost some games this year they had no business losing. They had issues. Iowa was a 1 seed.

And UConn was only down 5 players…. great win Iowa! Really?
Yeah that's my point, LSU was a dream team built from All Americans out of the transfer portal. Iowa was CC and a bunch of short, underwhelming low-star recruits... and they were a 1 seed and beat said superteam. Pretty impressive.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hok boards are chok full of racist threads and comments right now. It's a trend over there. And then you look at their men's team and the ball don't lie universally in IC.

As I said during the game today…. the overt racism by all the Hawk fans I work with was embarrassing. And someone basically said it must be an issue with the people I work with. Trust me, it’s not. Look at all these Iowa message boards. It’s a HUGE issue with that fan base.

• Sad
Reactions: CyNews and cyputz

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah that's my point, LSU was a dream team built from All Americans out of the transfer portal. Iowa was CC and a bunch of short, underwhelming low-star recruits... and they were a 1 seed and beat said superteam. Pretty impressive.

That happens all the time. The better team wins. It wasn’t an upset.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron