Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Death…Taxes….Iowa fans being openly racist with their “thugs” comment. Oh and being delusional thinking SC won’t be remembered when their name is forever in the history of winning a natty (and for doing it twice in 3 years)
1712533866922.png

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I know they do it for financial reasons and maybe it's necessary for the tourney to be viable, but I hope the women's tourney eventually goes away from hosting the first two rounds at home for the #1-#4 seeds, that's just a massive advantage.

They tried it for a couple years not that long ago. It didn't work.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah that's my point, LSU was a dream team built from All Americans out of the transfer portal. Iowa was CC and a bunch of short, underwhelming low-star recruits... and they were a 1 seed and beat said superteam. Pretty impressive.
Impressive? That’s more telling on coaching of LSU than anything else.

What would be impressive would be if said LSU team full of All-Americans were playing as a top 1 or 2 teams in the nation before Iowa beat them. But alas, the LSU team still had flaws, which is why they had some bad losses.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I guess carrying the team to two national championship games isn’t clutch. Tough bar to clear.
Fran Tarkenton led the Vikings to three Super Bowls, but, like Clark, didn’t come close to winning. Tarkenton is not remembered as a Clutch player.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Impressive? That’s more telling on coaching of LSU than anything else.

What would be impressive would be if said LSU team full of All-Americans were playing as a top 1 or 2 teams in the nation before Iowa beat them. But alas, the LSU team still had flaws, which is why they had some bad losses.
Something tells me if ISU had beaten LSU in the tourney you'd be taking a different angle, lol.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I guess carrying the team to two national championship games isn’t clutch. Tough bar to clear.
She won one state tournament game. Her final high school tournament game and college tournament game she spent the last combined 15 minutes scoreless. That’s not clutch.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Iowa not only was the higher seed, but also was favored to win. Yes… quite impressive to win a game they should had won.
I know the fact that this Iowa team was higher seeded and favored over that LSU dream team is impressive.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I know they do it for financial reasons and maybe it's necessary for the tourney to be viable, but I hope the women's tourney eventually goes away from hosting the first two rounds at home for the #1-#4 seeds, that's just a massive advantage.
They tried that and lost their rear ends.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I know the fact that this Iowa team was higher seeded and favored over that LSU dream team is impressive.
Right… because other teams such as Mississippi State could beat a talent rich team of LSU. Like I said, the fact LSU couldn’t put it all together is a reflection of LSU’s coaching more than anything else. But keep trying to spin it in a positive way for Iowa. It’s quite funny

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Right… because other teams such as Mississippi State could beat a talent rich team of LSU. Like I said, the fact LSU couldn’t put it all together is a reflection of LSU’s coaching more than anything else. But keep trying to spin it in a positive way for Iowa. It’s quite funny
So Iowa handling a 31-5 LSU team with multiple All-Americans who took South Carolina to the end in the SEC tourney isn't impressive.

Lol, you.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
So Iowa handling a 31-5 LSU team with multiple All-Americans who took South Carolina to the end in the SEC tourney isn't impressive.

Lol, you.
Almost as impressive as Nebraska taking Iowa all the way to the end in the big 10 tournament

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
They tried that and lost their rear ends.

The sport is changing for the better. WBB growth will continue to be substantial with so many big names in the game and more attention on the sport as a whole. I think in a decade or so, they will move the first weekend to neutral sites.

Reactions: Shawker

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The sport is changing for the better. WBB growth will continue to be substantial with so many big names in the game and more attention on the sport as a whole. I think in a decade or so, they will move the first weekend to neutral sites.
The whole thing lies in the hands of female fans. Right now males make up an extreme portion of the fanbase. It will continue to struggle if women don't start following it more closely.