Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Using Iowa load who may be the biggest POS to walk this earth is something. You do know that numbnut got banned several times and then DM’d a bunch of us and claimed mental illness and drug problems to various ones of us.

Especially when the head football coach at his favorite program has plenty of things in his history that aren't exactly shining beacons of morality.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
What I wish parents would teach their kids is that for a vast majority of kids, when they start acting like that they get in their own heads, and usually turn into trainwrecks.
Exactly. If you're complaining about the officials, you're not concentrating on playing the game. Has anyone mentioned Otz was the only Big XII coach without a technical this year?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Which one do you what your daughter to follow?

View attachment 126388

The CC one reminds me of Ricky Bobby’s kids.

They begged me to go ref rec league second and third grade girls a few times again when they had people cancel. I got a similar reaction when one went full court on one dribble and I called a travel. I can see why they can’t get refs to come back.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Hawk trolls at it again.

But that's been my point. We are supposed to forgive her antics simply because she is a superstar. I don't get it. That's a double standard. Yes, she has drawn a large crowd towards women's basketball. That's awesome, and long overdue. But that doesn't mean we should ignore her tantrums. If CC had a rare tantrum, that's one thing. But to consistently act like a toddler is different and not becoming of a superstar

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I guess I am okay with having a different opinion than Georges on this one. I dont have a problem with the trash talk or promoting herself. I have a problem with how she treats officials.
I think that is 90% of people. The disrespect towards the officials and her own teammates is the worst. You want to trash talk a little, most do it. You want to question a call once or twice a game, many do it. The respected ones don’t do it after every other possession. They aren’t blaming teammates for missed shots and then proceed to air ball a 40 footer. A shoulder bump is one thing but shoving players to the floor is another.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Hawk trolls at it again.

Not surprised Georges takes the high road - and I agree with him. I understand the angst about her attitude; I get why people don't like that. But it can't be denied that she has attracted a lot of eyeballs and attention to WBB and she does fill arenas. Personally, rather than rag on Clark, I prefer to celebrate that good that is Audi Crooks, Addy Brown, Emily Ryan - heck the whole team are great ballers and great people. Why do some people even care about what happens in IC. They play their game and we play ours. And if I get bored, I think about what Audi might be like as a senior!!

CY9395

Jun 7, 2010
1) Matt Campbell analogy is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen
2) I think she’s more comfortable in the tournament showing her real self as her college career is coming to an end and her true “brand” will be more accepted as a wnba player.
I’m ready for her college career to come to an end. I’m tired of seeing innocent people who have no idea what she’s really like drooling over her. She was a bully and not a good person in high school and I have no sympathy for her.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
1) Matt Campbell analogy is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen
2) I think she’s more comfortable in the tournament showing her real self as her college career is coming to an end and her true “brand” will be more accepted as a wnba player.
I’m ready for her college career to come to an end. I’m tired of seeing innocent people who have no idea what she’s really like drooling over her. She was a bully and not a good person in high school and I have no sympathy for her.
Respectfully, can I ask why you think that regarding #1?

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
But that's been my point. We are supposed to forgive her antics simply because she is a superstar. I don't get it. That's a double standard. Yes, she has drawn a large crowd towards women's basketball. That's awesome, and long overdue. But that doesn't mean we should ignore her tantrums. If CC had a rare tantrum, that's one thing. But to consistently act like a toddler is different and not becoming of a superstar
I want to thank you @Cyhig. You’ve been consistent in how you feel about her play vs. attitude and you always respond in a mature way even if you have a different opinion than someone else. It’s refreshing to have an actual dialogue with someone you may disagree. I’m glad you at least explain your perspective rather just give the “dumb” button.

Credit to you.