Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Didn't he have some kind of a nervous breakdown around the Bowl game because his colleagues were being mean to him? Pretty sure i remember him tweeting something like that.
Pretty sure he got diagnosed with having thin skin.

• Winner
Reactions: exCYtable

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
CC walked into the men's game with a ball cap on and the hood pulled real tight on her head like she was trying to sneak in to CHA.

• Puke
  • Haha
Reactions: CYaeger and Jdk

MTEORisu

Jan 15, 2023
Is anyone in TV media from state even in KC covering the ISU women? They should have been at the KSU game as we were going for a conference title, but there were not.
1. Most TV stations definitely don't have the budget to travel out of state for a regular season basketball game.
2. Yes, there is at least one DSM station sending a crew to the Big 12 women's tournament.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
1. Most TV stations definitely don't have the budget to travel out of state for a regular season basketball game.
2. Yes, there is at least one DSM station sending a crew to the Big 12 women's tournament.

They cover out of state regular season football games, for Iowa anyway. Am I petty about this yes, It just seems time and time again ISU gets the short end of media coverage in this state. There always plenty for excuses for why Iowa gets more coverage.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
committee is going to protect Iowa, they want CC in as long as possible.

So they will get the easy track
I don’t see them getting a 1 seed though. They had a pretty easy pass in the B1G tournament so I don’t know how they would jump Ohio St.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I don’t see them getting a 1 seed though. They had a pretty easy pass in the B1G tournament so I don’t know how they would jump Ohio St.
Pretty much agree with you, but they (the media) has worked hard to over-promote the cash cow that is CC, building up her alleged records and supposedly game changing talent and helping cause the fan frenzy over her and for one reason only, $$$$$.

That early Ohio State exit just could give them the excuse needed to move their cash cow to the top line. This year's inclusion of Bama instead of undefeated Florida State to keep the cash cow S.E.C. happy & possibly bring more eyeballs to the games was just another example that right & wrong is not as important as what/who will bring in more $$$$$. If they don't sneak into that 1 seed, it should end up being the easiest road possible for a 2 seed to make it to at least the Elite 8.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Pretty much agree with you, but they (the media) has worked hard to over-promote the cash cow that is CC, building up her alleged records and supposedly game changing talent and helping cause the fan frenzy over her and for one reason only, $$$$$.

That early Ohio State exit just could give them the excuse needed to move their cash cow to the top line. This year's inclusion of Bama instead of undefeated Florida State to keep the cash cow S.E.C. happy & possibly bring more eyeballs to the games was just another example that right & wrong is not as important as what/who will bring in more $$$$$. If they don't sneak into that 1 seed, it should end up being the easiest road possible for a 2 seed to make it to at least the Elite 8.

Iowa as a 1 or 2 seed has zero impact on "the cash cow".

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Maybe by beating them head to head and winning 6 straight as opposed to losing their last 2? I think they'll get the #2 overall seed behind South Carolina.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Maybe by beating them head to head and winning 6 straight as opposed to losing their last 2? I think they'll get the #2 overall seed behind South Carolina.
I think Iowa got the #1 seed after this weekend. OSU and Stanford going down helped for sure. Especially the way OSU got worked.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

They split the season though. I don't think the committee is going to knock tOSU down for losing at Iowa, that's probably the toughest road environment in the country this year. I guess it will really boil down to how much stock the committee is going to put into Iowa beating the 7 seed, 6 seed, and 5 seed. If Texas can win the Big 12 tourney I think they will be on the 1 seed line.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron