Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The article lists 5 upcoming Iowa games where tickets are going for over $1,000. How is "Tickets to see Iowa's Caitlin Clark are going for more than $1,000" misleading?
So, the only way to get in to those games will cost you $1000 or more?

I didn't click on the link.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
The article lists 5 upcoming Iowa games where tickets are going for over $1,000. How is "Tickets to see Iowa's Caitlin Clark are going for more than $1,000" misleading?
People aren’t buying tickets for that price. I could list my wrestling tickets tomorrow night for $1,200 each so that tickets for Utah Valley are more than Iowa WBB!

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Just a factual observation on attendance does not diminish the great start our young team has had. Fact is that even if you only counted cheeks in the seats we would be top ten, maybe (probably) still top five. It's just that sold used to be a lot closer to actual in some seasons. This team has the potential to draw fans back to Hilton and not just buy seats that aren't always used. Maybe the most fun to watch team in some time.

Seems you are just here to diss on Iowa and Clark, not like you seem to actually follow our own team. I'm a WBB fan, not a feces hurler looking to brawl with rivals about their player.

I am sorry I failed you by not being able to use my tickets last night. I had to take my "idiot" daughter to basketball practice and then for some inane reason she wanted to keep working on her dribbling at the gym.

See she has this "stupid" dream to be like Emily Ryan (oh I knew one of the players!) since she met her at her camp last April (Cyballzz... supporting a woman's player... but I was just here to throw feces). Any ways... ****** dumbass kids am I right?

I will try and do a better job in the future of blowing up every single think Caitlin Clark does as the most incredible thing anyone has ever seen. Ignoring of course players like Cheryl Miller existed.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I am sorry I failed you by not being able to use my tickets last night. I had to take my "idiot" daughter to basketball practice and then for some inane reason she wanted to keep working on her dribbling at the gym.

See she has this "stupid" dream to be like Emily Ryan (oh I knew one of the players!) since she met her at her camp last April (Cyballzz... supporting a woman's player... but I was just here to throw feces). Any ways... ****** dumbass kids am I right?
Bit of an overreaction on your part. He was pointing out a statistic. He wasn't accusing you of being a bad fan.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Bit of an overreaction on your part. He was pointing out a statistic. He wasn't accusing you of being a bad fan.
"I'm a WBB fan, not a feces hurler looking to brawl with rivals about their player."

I mean... I guess "Feces hurler" could be a compliment

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So, the only way to get in to those games will cost you $1000 or more?

I didn't click on the link.
No, those are the most expensive, behind the Iowa bench, scorer's table, etc. That's why the headline doesn't say it's going to cost $1,000 or more to see CC and Iowa.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
"I'm a WBB fan, not a feces hurler looking to brawl with rivals about their player."

I mean... I guess "Feces hurler" could be a compliment
So, you see yourself in that comment? I've made several negative comments about Clark's demeanor, and I don't consider myself to be a feces hurler.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
It is indeed pretty incredible. Now that we agree on that, what is your opinion on CC’s technical call last night?
Great players are always hyper-competitive, which may make them less likable. To go back a ways, think of Scott Skiles at MSU or John McEnroe in tennis. One way to look at it is the game is important to them. That can lead to childish behavior or great performances, or both.
I like Mahome's practice of congratulating defenders if they get a good hit on him. He figures it can't hurt to have them not hating him.

Reactions: ICCYFAN

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Maybe it's not misleading, but you could also say "Tickets to see Iowa's Caitlin Clark are going for less than $100". Wonder why they chose that headline?

• Dumb
Reactions: 1776 and rosshm16

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Lol, how do you know that?
It shows tickets sold and what prices on stubhub and other secondary sites. Saying that tickets are “going for” when it’s just listed prices.

Tickets are going for $1200 in row 5 tomorrow night for wrestling in Ames. Dresser has things rolling! Haha I can’t believe I have to explain this.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Maybe it's not misleading, but you could also say "Tickets to see Iowa's Caitlin Clark are going for less than $100". Wonder why they chose that headline?
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's because there's probably never been a time when tickets a regular season B1G WBB game have gone for over $1,000?

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
5 more TOs have CC into the career top 20. Would love to see her reaction if just once her teammates, fans or coaches would berate her after a turnover like she gets on the officials.

Do you honestly think Caitlin Clark is a bad passer or ball handler? Her assist to turnover ratio is pretty decent. I didn't say great. I honestly wonder how many of the turnovers she has were a result of a great pass that gets mishandled? I would guess a decent number.

• Haha
Reactions: chadly82

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Great players are always hyper-competitive, which may make them less likable. To go back a ways, think of Scott Skiles at MSU or John McEnroe in tennis. One way to look at it is the game is important to them. That can lead to childish behavior or great performances, or both.
I like Mahome's practice of congratulating defenders if they get a good hit on him. He figures it can't hurt to have them not hating him.
Agreed. But a great athlete can be super competitive without having outbursts. Edit: And when your team is up 22 with just over 11 minutes to play, having such an outburst looks worse. The outcome of the game wasn't in jeopardy. There's really no reason to act childish in that situation.

Last edited:

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
So, you see yourself in that comment? I've made several negative comments about Clark's demeanor, and I don't consider myself to be a feces hurler.

You should feel fortunate that Boxster has not seen those comments. I mean I find it patently unfair that I am libeled as being and I quote a "feces hurler looking to brawl with rivals about their player." I categorically deny this as I am here to make fun of Jabronis like Keith Murphy and "the guys" Ross and Travis.

Now if Boxster would like to retract his feces hurler comment I will give him a virtual high five and return to my normal postings of Keith Murphy ******* a cereal box.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It shows tickets sold and what prices on stubhub and other secondary sites. Saying that tickets are “going for” when it’s just listed prices.

Tickets are going for $1200 in row 5 tomorrow night for wrestling in Ames. Dresser has things rolling! Haha I can’t believe I have to explain this.
So Stubhub is showing how much the seats in those sections and rows behind the Iowa bench and scorer's table went for?

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022

I will try and do a better job in the future of blowing up every single think Caitlin Clark does as the most incredible thing anyone has ever seen. Ignoring of course players like Cheryl Miller existed.
you should have been to the game last night when they do the challenge of naming things. last night was name sports figures anyway the first girl named quite a few and then the isu player named hers but guess who was not mentioned by either one. I also have 6 tickets but only 3 get used on a regular basis so each game the attendance is inflated by 3 seats sold. and a question I have are there that many hok fans in all these other places or do that many wbb fans go to the games when they are in town, or did someone buy up the tickets with hopes of reselling them for a big profit.

Hawktj

Dec 30, 2015
THIS 1000%.
This post should end this turd of a thread.

But, 1776,deadeye, 7got6, iahawks, and the rest of the sukeye losers will keep it going to validate their own narrative and keep the whinny lil cc “ in the news” …..losers !
By all means, crawl back into this ISU pit of jealousy. Too bad you can‘t appreciate what the whole rest of the country sees. You folks should be embarrassed by this thread (but somehow I know a few of you wont be). Carry on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron