Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Do you honestly think Caitlin Clark is a bad passer or ball handler? Her assist to turnover ratio is pretty decent. I didn't say great. I honestly wonder how many of the turnovers she has were a result of a great pass that gets mishandled? I would guess a decent number.

She's an unprecedented high usage player and you have to take that into account. I think she's the best passer/ball handler I've seen in the women's game but I haven't watched a ton of women's basketball. For NBA players that have insanely high usage, some of them are legendary passers (Jokic, Bird) and some of them are just ball hogs who have 99% of the offense center around them so they lead the planet in assists some years (Harden). Then a lot of them are somewhere in between like Kobe, MJ, Wade where they are solid passers but it's not the focus of their game. I think she's probably goat for this level but her totals and averages are better than her efficiency/advanced stats (which are also elite, just not greatest of all time or even for only Big Ten). The best pure point guards get a ton of assists and points without high usage (Haliburton, Stockton). To me she's a shooting guard that passes out of constant double teams (sometimes at an elite creative level) and happens to be a great ball handler.

Tinsley is probably the player I saw locally where his teammates had to learn to catch teh passes, by the end of both years his teammates knew where to look. There were occasions that refs called him for travels when he didn't really travel.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You should feel fortunate that Boxster has not seen those comments. I mean I find it patently unfair that I am libeled as being and I quote a "feces hurler looking to brawl with rivals about their player." I categorically deny this as I am here to make fun of Jabronis like Keith Murphy and "the guys" Ross and Travis.

Now if Boxster would like to retract his feces hurler comment I will give him a virtual high five and return to my normal postings of Keith Murphy ******* a cereal box.
I guess I don't see why you feel that comment was directed to you. You just seem really defensive about it, and I find that odd.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
By all means, crawl back into this ISU pit of jealousy. Too bad you can‘t appreciate what the whole rest of the country sees. You folks should be embarrassed by this thread (but somehow I know a few of you wont be). Carry on.

My man... you are an Iowa fan who has been a member of an Iowa State message board for almost a decade. Who has a 3rd of their posts trying to belittle Omaha Billew.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So, the only way to get in to those games will cost you $1000 or more?

I didn't click on the link.
Top end seats behind the Iowa bench select arenas. Most were 50 to 200 bucks depending on the school.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do you honestly think Caitlin Clark is a bad passer or ball handler? Her assist to turnover ratio is pretty decent. I didn't say great. I honestly wonder how many of the turnovers she has were a result of a great pass that gets mishandled? I would guess a decent number.
And how many assists does she have that a player had to scramble and/or fight for the ball from a bad pass and then made the basket? Guessing they come out in the wash.

Reactions: VeloClone

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Ask him where Brock Purdy ranks among NFL QBs. See if it takes more than 10 words. Their fans are no different than our fans.

We are all the same. Its a rivalry for Christ sake.

My brother is an Iowa fan and he has admitted more than once said he was hoping the Brock Purdy "experience" would crash and burn this past season. I guess I should have created an account on an Iowa message board to white knight for Purdy.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We are all the same. Its a rivalry for Christ sake.

My brother is an Iowa fan and he has admitted more than once said he was hoping the Brock Purdy "experience" would crash and burn this past season. I guess I should have created an account on an Iowa message board to white knight for Purdy.
You can’t do that though. People keep posting here that anytime they speak anything negative about Iowa they get banned and if it’s positive ISU, you would think someone was kicking their dog.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's because there's probably never been a time when tickets a regular season B1G WBB game have gone for over $1,000?
Is there now? Do you know they're actually selling for over $1,000?

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
You can’t do that though. People keep posting here that anytime they speak anything negative about Iowa they get banned and if it’s positive ISU, you would think someone was kicking their dog.

I haven't been to Iowa boards since the glory days of the Hawkeyereport off topic board but I can't imagine much has changed. I assume our basketball players are still all thugs?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Is there now? Do you know they're actually selling for over $1,000?
No, trying to dig into that. They have some pretty crazy prices listed on Stubhub for Ohio St., like some are listed for over $2,300 each. I've bought a lot of tickets through a lot of sites, I have no idea how you negotiate the price down with Stubhub or Ticketmaster.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Anybody else notice that Clark had way too much makeup on in her new State Farm commercial? Not making fun of her. Just sayin. They might want to go easy on the blush next time.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Hey hawk fans. The point of this thread was not to argue whether or not Clark is a great women's player, or whether or not she is famous. It was to point out and discuss her being a bi!ch.

I think Iowa fans overestimate how famous she is and ISU fans underestimate. But she is still a you know what and that's the point.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I haven't been to Iowa boards since the glory days of the Hawkeyereport off topic board but I can't imagine much has changed. I assume our basketball players are still all thugs?
I only see it when someone links their sites. Think the last time I clicked on a link was when someone told me the lawyer dude accused me of being a pedophile. Amazing what they say and are allowed to say on those boards.