Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
If TJ's players acting the way she does they would be on the bench. She's actually not a good role model. I like TJ's approach.

For 15 years, we have heard that Iowa State recruits thugs and Iowa does it the right way. Can u imagine what Iowa fans would say about her if she was on Iowa State?

One more statement and controversial: if she was black, our national media, iowa media, and endorsements wouldn't follow. The national media, nor the masses, wouldn't sing praises of a black player acting this way. Why do they do it for a white player?

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
That first one is exactly what everyone has been talking about in this thread. The second one, I absolutely understand advocating for the bucket there. It is a razor thin call on whether the foul happened before she started her shooting motion or after. I would expect any player to advocate for the and-one on that play. By the way, hell of a play. It is an amazing shot to get it off that quickly from that far out and find nothing but net.
Exactly this. These two clips exactly show the overall consensus about CC: She is an amazing basketball player and can make shots that make your draw drop open. But her temper and on court demeanor is horrendous. I understand there are some great men's basketball players who have similar temperament, but it still doesn't make it right. I don't like men's players who act like this just the same as I don't like women players act in this manner.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Nope….. same thing happened to me. Ruined a perfectly good date night with my wife. The Iowa media and all the sukeye people who all of a sudden have to have those games on the TVs in the public bar is truly awful and disgusting.
Can’t wait for this **** to be over….
This is good satire. Good laugh to start the day.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
AND.....as soon as she's off their roster, they'll completely forget/ignore that there's a women's basketball team, right back to football, wrestling & men's basketball (but only when they're good, otherwise fans ignore them as well). Thankfully, ISU has a dedicated fanbase that follows and roots for their women's basketball team, through thick or thin!

And we end up on this ******* graphic. Not sure what's a bigger joke... Putting a team with consistently Top 5 attendance nationally and a rivalry game on this graphic or that clown on the rights "suit."

1704989235812.png

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
And we end up on this ******* graphic. Not sure what's a bigger joke... Putting a team with consistently Top 5 attendance nationally and a rivalry game on this graphic or that clown on the rights "suit."

View attachment 122017
They just put up every true road game that the Iowa women have played. Zero reason to take offense at that. And it really does a nice job of showing how great Iowa State's attendance is compared to most women's programs.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

View attachment 122017
Think I heard that every Iowa women's game is soldout home and away the rest of the season. That is pretty incredible.

Reactions: 1776

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
  • Haha
Reactions: CyCity and iahawks

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
They didn't show you these 2 highlights either of her getting a T for screaming at a ref for not calling a foul (sure doesn't look like there was one they missed on her drive) when they were up 22.

Earlier in the game.got chippy over this call too. This one is a tough call, she chucked up the shot maybe a split second right before or right after the ref blew the whistle.

She’s got some mental issues.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

View attachment 122017

Again, acknowledging another teams success or accomplishments does not diminish your own team's success and accomplishments. Even this graphic shows we have great attendance. ISU and Iowa have both traditionally had great attendance compared to their peers. The Iowa road draws are a unique and noteworthy accomplishment. Seems an odd thing to mock.

I'd like to see us filling Hilton for big games again. It's been more than a few years from true 10,000 in the seats and not just 10,000 sold. Real attendance is like 5,000-6,000 but even that is Top Ten. I'd love to see REAL 10,000 again as Brown/Crooks move through their time at ISU. We can start by filling Hilton on Saturday versus #4 Baylor.

Last edited:

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Again, acknowledging another teams success or accomplishments does not diminish your own team's success and accomplishments. Even this graphic shows we have great attendance. ISU and Iowa have both traditionally had great attendance compared to their peers. The Iowa road draws are a unique and noteworthy accomplishment. Seems an odd thing to mock.

I'd like to see us filling Hilton for big games again. It's been more than a few years from true 10,000 in the seats and not just 10,000 sold. Real attendance is like 5,000-6,000 but even that is Top Ten. I'd love to see REAL 10,000 again with I'd love to see ISU as Brown/Crooks move through their time at ISU. We can start by filling Hilton on Saturday versus #4 Baylor.

As you literally diminish your own teams success...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Success in what? Tickets sold for ISU WBB compared to butts in seats?
I'd say that 10,000 number for regular game attendance (they're all measured the same way) is pretty good, don't you think so?

Reactions: chadly82

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Just a factual observation on attendance does not diminish the great start our young team has had. Fact is that even if you only counted cheeks in the seats we would be top ten, maybe (probably) still top five. It's just that sold used to be a lot closer to actual in some seasons. This team has the potential to draw fans back to Hilton and not just buy seats that aren't always used. Maybe the most fun to watch team in some time.

Seems you are just here to diss on Iowa and Clark, not like you seem to actually follow our own team. I'm a WBB fan, not a feces hurler looking to brawl with rivals about their player.

Reactions: Cyrealist

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Think I heard that every Iowa women's game is soldout home and away the rest of the season. That is pretty incredible.
It is indeed pretty incredible. Now that we agree on that, what is your opinion on CC’s technical call last night?

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
That she probably deserved it.
Yes, she did deserve it. And this wasn’t a unique circumstance, right? She has these outbursts quite frequently. Which is quite concerning for young girls watching her behavior and trying to emulate her

Reactions: chadly82

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron