Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
It is hilarious that all of the trolls are camped out in this thread. They have been completely absent in the rivals men’s basketball thread and the football thread. You all missed some great discussion in the football thread a couple of days ago.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I love watching Tyrese play. He's an awesome player and I have him on my one fantasy NBA team. With that said, the average Iowan could not care less about the NBA. He also plays for the Pacers which is sort of an NBA wasteland.

I had the radio on KXNO this morning. They were talking to a national guy who works with sports betting (I think). The host wanted to brag on Women's basketball and how popular it is. Since the guest was a national guy, they wanted to know if WBB really was that popular (because of Clark), or if people in Iowa(the media) live in a bubble. In a round about polite way the guy basically said that the Iowa media lives in a bubble.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
It is hilarious that all of the trolls are camped out in this thread. They have been completely absent in the rivals men’s basketball thread and the football thread. You all missed some great discussion in the football thread a couple of days ago.
Was that the Liberty Bowl or Citrus Bowl thread?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Oh, I forgot who I was dealing with. Let me help you with the math. A couple days ago equals Monday.

Can you figure it out now? Or do you need some more help?
So both teams laid a turd. Got it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Some people just don't like someone who comes off as cocky and/or arrogant. If you don't mind someone who is cocky/arrogant, that's fine. But it is bothersome to others

Edit: Purdy is a great athlete, having exceptional success on the highest stage, yet remains humble.

In what way is she not humble? Give me one example where she's not shown humility. You are creating his weird narrative that just isn't there.

You can be a nice, humble person and still be a feisty competitor on the floor. Take our guy Tyrese for example. By all accounts an awesome, charitable, giving guy. On the floor, he's doing the "Dame Time" celebration, staring down Wally Sczerbiak, talking **** to people courtside, etc. Doesn't make him not humble. Doesn't make him a bad guy. It makes him a competitor.

• Haha
Reactions: Candide

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron