Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
So I guess you can’t stand Scotty C who jumped on the scorers table after a buzzer beater or Naz who posed on the other side of court (iconic photo) until his teammates ran over?
Yes - in that moment he wanted the attention to himself

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Yes - in that moment he wanted the attention to himself
So to keep up with your rationale. You would classify both Naz and Scott as not humble and them doing that is an indictment on their entire character?

Reactions: 1776

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Running away to celebrate on your own shows your true character. It says "this is my spotlight.... I don't want to share it with anyone". Yes, other players do the same thing. And I have the same opinion when that happens.

Arrogant/Ego... call it whatever you want. That's exactly what it is though.
Well here's BP doing it. I'd hardly describe him as arrogant or having no humility.

EDIT: Video blocked, but it shows him running away from teammates and beating his chest after running in for a TD vs. the Rams.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
So to keep up with your rationale. You would classify both Naz and Scott as not humble and them doing that is an indictment on their entire character?
In one off instances, it wouldn't necessarily resemble their character. Having the same behavior time and time again is an indication of their true character. From what I have seen of CC, this instance of wanting the attention to herself isn't unique.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Well here's BP doing it. I'd hardly describe him as arrogant or having no humility.

EDIT: Video blocked, but it shows him running away from teammates and beating his chest after running in for a TD vs. the Rams.

That's your example? LOL.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So I guess you can’t stand Scotty C who jumped on the scorers table after a buzzer beater or Naz who posed on the other side of court (iconic photo) until his teammates ran over?
I thought naz just turned around and was walking down the court. Did he go all the way to the other crowd?

What I don’t care for is the antics on the court, the one who doesn’t get named did a little of that and I didn’t care for it. Heck, I don’t care for the Joens’ dad crap even. Was amazed at how Ashley handled herself in those situations with that influence.

The time she shoved the girl to the floor and then was yelling at the ref and then her coach is an example. Most would have been bounced for that.

Reactions: NWICY

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, you said "running away to celebrate on your own shows your true character." That's exactly what Purdy did there.
LOL - yeah... he sure tried to run as far away from his teammates as possible. He got all of what... 15 feet? Then he celebrated with his teammates and made his way over to thank his teammates for blocking for him

The Iowa team had to run as far as possible to join the moment with CC last night. Quite a different scenario

• Dumb
Reactions: BigCyFan

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
LOL - yeah... he sure tried to run as far away from his teammates as possible. He got all of what... 15 feet? Then he celebrated with his teammates and made his way over to thank his teammates for blocking for him

The Iowa team had to run as far as possible to join the moment with CC last night. Quite a different scenario
So there are self-celebration distance requirements in determining humility/no humility. Got it. Lol.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

People can celebrate however they want. Iowa and LSU fans are both sad snowflakes for their various crying about celebrating this way or that in that whole Clark/Reese soap opera, ISU fans are snowflakes if they have a problem with CC's recent celebration vs MSU.

I also think it's fine to dunk late in a game after it's decided...I might not do it myself, but who cares. It's the game.

I do think 99.9% of your fan base would be completely obsessed and outraged if an ISU player yelled at and manipulated the refs without technicals the way she did in just the one full game I watched Clark this year (vs ISU). I mean it would be an absolute obsession and you're lying to yourself if you don't think it would be. It's really obvious she behaves in ways that would get any other player a ton more technicals.

I'm a lifelong NBA fanatic, Jordan and LeBron weren't even as aggressive yelling at refs and rarely if ever got calls CHANGED yelling at a ref. It's ludicrous. Preferential star calls sure, they didn't get to just unload on refs for long stretches on live TV and get calls changed after the fact. Probably a symptom of a sport that rarely has this kind of megastar. NBA refs know how to handle popular megastars, women's basketball refs usually don't have to.

• Agree

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Yah, who walks away from their teammates after a big shot?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I love watching Tyrese play. He's an awesome player and I have him on my one fantasy NBA team. With that said, the average Iowan could not care less about the NBA. He also plays for the Pacers which is sort of an NBA wasteland.

The average Iowan won't care about the WNBA either...

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
The natural instinct after winning is to celebrate with your teammates, not run as far away as possible from your teammates. Her demeanor on the court does not portray any humility.

Perfect Example of celebrating with teammates

You mean like Naz Long did after the Oklahoma state Buzzer beater?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
People can celebrate however they want. Iowa and LSU fans are both sad snowflakes for their various crying about celebrating this way or that in that whole Clark/Reese soap opera, ISU fans are snowflakes if they have a problem with CC's recent celebration vs MSU.

I also think it's fine to dunk late in a game after it's decided...I might not do it myself, but who cares. It's the game.

I do think 99.9% of your fan base would be completely obsessed and outraged if an ISU player yelled at and manipulated the refs without technicals the way she did in just the one full game I watched Clark this year (vs ISU). I mean it would be an absolute obsession and you're lying to yourself if you don't think it would be. It's really obvious she behaves in ways that would get any other player a ton more technicals.

I'm a lifelong NBA fanatic, Jordan and LeBron weren't even as aggressive yelling at refs and rarely if ever got calls CHANGED yelling at a ref. It's ludicrous. Preferential star calls sure, they didn't get to just unload on refs for long stretches on live TV and get calls changed after the fact. Probably a symptom of a sport that rarely has this kind of megastar. NBA refs know how to handle popular megastars, women's basketball refs usually don't have to.
I don't disagree.