Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Lawman responds to a single post about another users bet.

“MY COMMENT WAS NOT DIRECTED TO HIS INANE BET”

Seek help man
Had the post I responded to only been about betting, what you have posted would make sense. However, you have dishonestly left out half of the post so that you could be all edgy and make yourself feel superior.

And then you intentionally misquoted my post to boot.

Good luck with that and bless your heart. I'll ignore you and comment no more in this thread regarding your important gambling issue.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and Cyhig

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
finding myself watchin the Fever game on ABC 5 and this is like watching freshman/JV highschool boys basketball.

i have been watching for 20 mins and have seen at least 4 airball lay ups. airball 3 pointers, everyone's jumping apex is about 8ft. maybe 9ft.

the liberty are shooting well, but there are 10ft wide open.
anyone who things these people could play in the NBA are mentally insane.

clark has about 5 turnovers, but she is the only player than anyone on both teams are playing defense on. at least its something to watch i guess.

I watched 1 minute of Fever/Liberty action and decided to cut down a dead tree on my property. That was way more entertaining.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Had the post I responded to only been about betting, what you have posted would make sense. However, you have dishonestly left out half of the post so that you could be all edgy and make yourself feel superior.

And then you intentionally misquoted my post to boot.

Good luck with that and bless your heart. I'll ignore you and comment no more in this thread regarding your important gambling issue.
I’m guessing there is some previous beef between you guys that I have no clue about. If so, I guess I apologize but I was strictly only responding about the O/U on her points and that different people can have different outcomes on the same prop. No need to respond the way you did if there is some animosity between you two that none of us know about.

And there was no intentional misquote I copied and pasted it from your post but have a good day and be well.

Reactions: Cydkar

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I watched 1 minute of Fever/Liberty action and decided to cut down a dead tree on my property. That was way more entertaining.
Fever looked pretty hapless aside from CC for much of the game, but in the 1st half the Liberty were on fire, shooting something like 75% from the field and made 12 three-pointers in the first half. That's a good team, Stewart is a force.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
The Indiana Fever have already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. ESPN already pushing for the Fever to get an exemption.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I haven't watched any of the games, I really don't watch any sports but NBA playoffs in May and June, but her box score today is a very good efficient box score unlike the first two games. If that's her typical box score I imagine she'll be rookie of the year and have no problem justifying Olympic team.

The biggest shock in her game today has to be that 0-0 FT, that must feel like she was abducted by aliens or something. Far cry from where she got to officiate the game herself in Ames this year changing calls whenever she needed to have a chat.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Fever looked pretty hapless aside from CC for much of the game, but in the 1st half the Liberty were on fire, shooting something like 75% from the field and made 12 three-pointers in the first half. That's a good team, Stewart is a force.
Stewart is a generational talent indeed

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Well, she lost again, but I'd argue that she looked more like the Caitlin we remember today. Turnovers are an issue and still not playing any d. Outplayed her counterpart Sabrina Ionescu though

The only reason that happened likely is Ionescu didn't feel the need to play hero ball - not when at least 4 other teammates scored double figures.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I haven't watched any of the games, I really don't watch any sports but NBA playoffs in May and June, but her box score today is a very good efficient box score unlike the first two games. If that's her typical box score I imagine she'll be rookie of the year and have no problem justifying Olympic team.

The biggest shock in her game today has to be that 0-0 FT, that must feel like she was abducted by aliens or something. Far cry from where she got to officiate the game herself in Ames this year changing calls whenever she needed to have a chat.
You're not wrong, lol. She had one of the best defenders in the league on her and was frequently double-teamed, didn't look like there were any calls that should've been made that weren't, they just played good tough D. Makes CC's stat line that much more impressive IMO.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Good game shooting, but TO's have been an issue in first 3 games (10/3/8). IMO giving away possessions is something that could reduce her chances of making an Olympic team.

When playing on a roster loaded with elite players, that's one thing that can be a game killer.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Good game shooting, but TO's have been an issue in first 3 games (10/3/8). IMO giving away possessions is something that could reduce her chances of making an Olympic team.

When playing on a roster loaded with elite players, that's one thing that can be a game killer.
Lots of Iowa/CC fans on Twitter blaming turnovers on her teammates. Then saying even though the pass was low and behind, the player still got hands on it. So it’s not CC’s fault! That shouldn’t count as a CC turnover! It’s actually quite entertaining to read these people’s thoughts.

Reactions: Cyclad and Cydkar

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Lots of Iowa/CC fans on Twitter blaming turnovers on her teammates. Then saying even though the pass was low and behind, the player still got hands on it. So it’s not CC’s fault! That shouldn’t count as a CC turnover! It’s actually quite entertaining to read these people’s thoughts.
It’s weird, but yes, entertaining.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
I watched most of the Fever-Liberty game today - the Liberty are so impressive. Stewart is just incredible. I have no doubt that they'll be competing for another championship, maybe a replay against the Aces, who also looked very impressive today. Now to the elephant in the room that everyone is already discussing...

The Fever are bad. Everyone knows it, and it's not Clark's fault. I honestly don't feel one way or another much now that she isn't at Iowa. There is a reason, after all, that they got the first pick. She's a good player, but there aren't a ton of weapons around her. I think she is purposefully trying to pass more than when she was in college, and that's good. Sometimes it almost is like you want her to take the shot because some of the shots her teammates took were not great either. Boston is still adjusting to the league, as I imagine Clark will be doing all year. Boston just seems a touch slow, especially compared to the veteran Liberty bigs. That will get better and from what I understand, she did better in this game than the last two - same with Clark. Beyond them and Kelsey Mitchell, there's not a lot of consistent weaponry.

I think CC gets it - she's said in interviews that this isn't going to be easy. It's her fans that don't get it. I honestly feel for Megan Gustafson, because no matter what some of these Hawk media people (Eickholt...) say that they supported her before this year, it's a lie. Maybe they sent out a tweet in a year. But she is genuinely really good and is a key part on a fantastic team - and seems like a great person too. Martin seemed like she fit in fine today as well.

All to say, people drawing broad conclusions about the WNBA from a game where the Fever were badly outmatched against a good Liberty squad is kind of backwards. The Aces-Sparks game was super fun.

• Agree
Reactions: tre

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I watched most of the Fever-Liberty game today - the Liberty are so impressive. Stewart is just incredible. I have no doubt that they'll be competing for another championship, maybe a replay against the Aces, who also looked very impressive today. Now to the elephant in the room that everyone is already discussing...

The Fever are bad. Everyone knows it, and it's not Clark's fault. I honestly don't feel one way or another much now that she isn't at Iowa. There is a reason, after all, that they got the first pick. She's a good player, but there aren't a ton of weapons around her. I think she is purposefully trying to pass more than when she was in college, and that's good. Sometimes it almost is like you want her to take the shot because some of the shots her teammates took were not great either. Boston is still adjusting to the league, as I imagine Clark will be doing all year. Boston just seems a touch slow, especially compared to the veteran Liberty bigs. That will get better and from what I understand, she did better in this game than the last two - same with Clark. Beyond them and Kelsey Mitchell, there's not a lot of consistent weaponry.

I think CC gets it - she's said in interviews that this isn't going to be easy. It's her fans that don't get it. I honestly feel for Megan Gustafson, because no matter what some of these Hawk media people (Eickholt...) say that they supported her before this year, it's a lie. Maybe they sent out a tweet in a year. But she is genuinely really good and is a key part on a fantastic team - and seems like a great person too. Martin seemed like she fit in fine today as well.

All to say, people drawing broad conclusions about the WNBA from a game where the Fever were badly outmatched against a good Liberty squad is kind of backwards. The Aces-Sparks game was super fun.
The Fever's first 4 games are against two of the top 3 teams in the league. Might be a good thing for CC to start the season against the best of the best. Fever are pretty bad but they're really young, will be interesting to see how they do against the rest.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron