Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
#4 on LSU is pretty damn good.

They are a strange team, they don't seem to use Van Lith much.

Interviewing Caitlin at halftime? Do they not interview the coaches in WBB?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The cynic in me thinks that getting women’s basketball to take off is a low cost revenue stream for ESPN, and that’s why they’ve been pushing it. Not saying I’m right…but I’m wondering.

Espn is airing the women's tournament. CBS is airing the men's. It's pretty simple.

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
Well…. Because if LSU wins they disappear from my world until the next time. If Iowa wins I hear about it daily
Yeah, totally fair. I live in New York so I don't have to deal with Iowa fans so I understand from your guys perspective. I just can't bring myself to cheer for that LSU team, just very unlikeable from coach to players.

Reactions: bos

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Reese is absolutely right... get her the f**king ball! It's stupid that they aren't feeding her every single time. Iowa cannot stop her on the inside.
For sure. At the same time I'm suprised how many jump shots everybody not named Van Lith is hitting.

If they missed even 3 of those this would be a very different game. I'll give LSU credit for mostly answering Iowa's wide open jump shots with tougher ones of their own.

But yeah you're right they should be pounding it down low every time.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Just unbelievable how there is no help on those drives. If she makes 15 3’s, hats off to her. But the layups, uncontested is what kills you.

Women players aren't quick enough to play team defense the way men's teams do. Except for maybe the Iowa men.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone