Tim Mclelland is Having a BAD Night

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
He ****ed up earlier too. The second base umpire ****ed up Swisher's before. This is pitiful umpiring. The home plate umpire ******** he can't see over the catcher. For the love of God.

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
That was a joke. I would like to hear his explanation for the call. Good grief. Yanks got a break on a pick off play at second too, where Swisher was clearly out.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
None of the pathetic calls have cost either team anything but good God. Swisher should've been out at second. Swisher didn't leave early and gets called out. Cano should've just been out in the dumbest baserunning play I've seen in the long time. Regardless, I still hate Nick Swisher.

cyclones357

Dec 12, 2008
Iowa
The tagging up was a make up call to the pick off, but that last one, you cannot miss it. Your right there!!!!

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
True, at least no one scored on that screwed up call at third. But, how can a major league umpire miss such an easy call? Never been a proponent of instant replay in MLB, but the umpiring in this post-season is certainly starting to make me re-think it a little.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
I have never ever been a conspiricay theory type guy when it comes to sports, but the Yankees are getting every possible call. All of them have been really bad, and in the Yankees' favor.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
How many bad calls have went in the Yankees favor now this postseason?!? Wow...it's like ACC officials saying they don't play favorites when 4 of their last 5 league apologies have been to teams playing against Duke.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
I have never ever been a conspiricay theory type guy when it comes to sports, but the Yankees are getting every possible call. All of them have been really bad, and in the Yankees' favor.
I'm no Yankees defender but they're the ones that actually had a run taken off the board on a missed call. Granted the inning should have been over already but it's not "every" call.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
True, at least no one scored on that screwed up call at third. But, how can a major league umpire miss such an easy call? Never been a proponent of instant replay in MLB, but the umpiring in this post-season is certainly starting to make me re-think it a little.

Should be looked into for the obvious missed calls like this.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I'm no Yankees defender but they're the ones that actually had a run taken off the board on a missed call. Granted the inning should have been over already but it's not "every" call.

True, but I think you would have to admit that they've benefitted from at least 3 blown calls thus far.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

All of them? Perhaps you missed the tag up at third, which Swisher got called out on. Just like two weeks ago in the BOS series. (when he was clearly safe on both of them.)

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Not to defend him, but is it possible that his view of Cano was blocked, and he just assumed that Cano's foot was on the bag?

I probably wasn't clear. I was talking about instant replay. If he was blocked, good reason to use it.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
McClleland has a history with questionable calls it seems. I know these were over the course of quite a few years but when you add in the George Brett HR and the Holliday play two years ago, they all seemed to come up in important situations.
Should be looked into for the obvious missed calls like this.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
They've finally gotten back to playing Angel baseball. Take pitches and make Sabathia throw some. They were swinging at the first pitch the first 4 innings.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
McClleland has a history with questionable calls it seems. I know these were over the course of quite a few years but when you add in the George Brett HR and the Holliday play two years ago, they all seemed to come up in important situations.

McClellend has umpired in 20 plus MLB post-seasons. Umpires are human and he missed both calls at 3rd base. But, it doesn't change the fact he is generally thought of as the best umpire in baseball.

To pick out a handful of missed calls in the tens of thousands of games he has umpired is a little bit unfair IMO.