Tim Dobbins

PlanoClone

Mar 27, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Geezus dudes, the guy just asked a simple question. I thought the same thing he did BTW. Not whiny, just wondering why he was the only person who didn't mention his college.

Please forgive him for asking such a silly question. Some day, he hopes to be as perfect as the rest of you professional posters.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I think Hobbs did the same thing too. It's disappointing. I'm not sure if they feel that their high school did more for their career or what but I always prefer to here somebody proud of Iowa State.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Several players do that in the NFL. Don't know if it was in their contract for their prep school or what, but Timmy D and Ellis are not the only guys to do that. It is irritating and this comes up every time a former Stater plays on SN/MN Football. Maybe one of these threads should be stickied during pro football season.

On the bright side, it is good to see former Clones making names for themselves in the NFL.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Really? Does somebody always have to start a thread when a former player doesn't say ISU during intros? Several players do it, Dobbins has said ISU on previous games, so lighten up Francis.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Hobbs repped his HS until he got his degree from ISU.

Also, who gives a fudge. If he plays like **** I'd rather not have him associated with ISU, and if he plays well the announcers usually say where he is out of.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Mentioning your high school......hahahahahahah...that is highlarious. How original and funny. Those guys are witty. THEE northwest Dallas high school. Hahahahaha. Never heard that before.

Dobbins should not be chastised for being a disrespectful oaf, he should be crucified for being BORING. JUST DON"T BORE ME. Just like all the Pollyanna's defending him from his tired schtick. I kind of chuckled the first time I heard the junior high mentioned in line-ups.....20 YEARS AGO! Dobbins deserves all the flack he can get for not being classy.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Mentioning your high school......hahahahahahah...that is highlarious. How original and funny. Those guys are witty. THEE northwest Dallas high school. Hahahahaha. Never heard that before.

Dobbins should not be chastised for being a disrespectful oaf, he should be crucified for being BORING. JUST DON"T BORE ME. Just like all the Pollyanna's defending him from his tired schtick. I kind of chuckled the first time I heard the junior high mentioned in line-ups.....20 YEARS AGO! Dobbins deserves all the flack he can get for not being classy.

You serious Clark?

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
It was just a simple question. I was just curious if there was a known reason for it.

Some of you guys are really pleasant fellow Cyclone fans though! It is odd that a fan can't go to a board and ask an ISU related question without getting hammered.

Help Support Us

Become a patron