Tight End U

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Common man, we all know who sets the rules over here. Sagarin is gospel, that is the way it is, I use it only because ISU fans can't argue it, when they so deeply love them some Sagarin.

As far as who is better than OU in the BIg10, I'd say easily OSU, Michigan, Penn St., Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. As far as who is better than the Hawks, those teams you listed, um no.
Uses it for what? Pretty sure no one uses it except for strength of schedule, which is what it is good at.

Pretty easy to try and claim those teams are better than OU when they haven't played a game yet. But you thinking Iowa and Minnesota are even in the same stratosphere as OU shows how delusional you are. OU would DESTROY Iowa and Minnesota. Beat Wisconsin, Michigan by 7-14. Penn State I would say is a coin toss. And OSU I will say is better, but then again, I haven't seen them play a single game. They could be down

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
If you want to call Kyler Murray, Nick Bosa and Josh Allen busts, have at it. That’s an absurd take, but I respect your commitment to the bit.
Nick and Kyler have been great. Let alone, Kyler is at a position that takes time to develop and get great at. Same with Josh, I just haven't been impressed by him though. I thought from the get go Josh would be a bust

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Uses it for what? Pretty sure no one uses it except for strength of schedule, which is what it is good at.

Pretty easy to try and claim those teams are better than OU when they haven't played a game yet. But you thinking Iowa and Minnesota are even in the same stratosphere as OU shows how delusional you are. OU would DESTROY Iowa and Minnesota. Beat Wisconsin, Michigan by 7-14. Penn State I would say is a coin toss. And OSU I will say is better, but then again, I haven't seen them play a single game. They could be down

OU got beat by Kstate and ISU who both lost to Sun Belt teams. To say that OU just crushes any decent team is just dumb. This is a very down OU team, that is very beatable and I will say now they will lose more games to other very average Big12 teams.

There is a reason they aren't a top 25 team, because they kind of suck this year.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Nick and Kyler have been great. Let alone, Kyler is at a position that takes time to develop and get great at. Same with Josh, I just haven't been impressed by him though. I thought from the get go Josh would be a bust

You said that until Hockenson produces at the level of the best player in the league at his position, you will consider him a bust. Kyler Murray, Nick Bosa, and Josh Allen (of the Jacksonville variety) are not producing at the level of the best players at their respective positions. Using the standard you set for Hockenson, you must also think that those three players are busts. Either that, or you admit that you are holding the Iowa player to a much higher standard than everyone else.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
You so realize that if you don't believe in the Sagarin rating, you can't believe in their SOS, right? I mean their SOS is based on their rating, so if their rating is ****, then their SOS is **** as well.
Agreed, that's why I considered Sagarin to be useless right now.

• Agree
Reactions: mikeiastat

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
He hung on for five seasons. Injuries decimated his career. Dude was really talented and maybe Iowa's most talented TE they've had. Just one of those guys that had a hard time staying on the field for a lot of different injury reasons. He missed an entire year after his rookie year too.
Never once spoke about his talent. I am simply commenting on the crazy notion that he had a good career that you are forwarding. There is nothing wrong saying the guy didn't have a good career due to injury. Even in his two solid years on the field he was not terribly productive. Again this is not a comment on his abilities it is 100% about him having a below average career.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You said that until Hockenson produces at the level of the best player in the league at his position, you will consider him a bust. Kyler Murray, Nick Bosa, and Josh Allen (of the Jacksonville variety) are not producing at the level of the best players at their respective positions. Using the standard you set for Hockenson, you must also think that those three players are busts. Either that, or you admit that you are holding the Iowa player to a much higher standard than everyone else.
No, because trying to rate a Qb, DE, and TE the same way doesn't make sense. How many TE's are taken in the top 10 vs QB and DE? Meaning it is super rare and the expectations on someone from that position must perform higher.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You so realize that if you don't believe in the Sagarin rating, you can't believe in their SOS, right? I mean their SOS is based on their rating, so if their rating is ****, then their SOS is **** as well.
"The SCHEDULE ratings represent what the rating would have to be for a hypothetical team to have a mathematical expectation of winning precisely 50% of their games against the schedule played by the team in question in the games that it has played so far. The schedule difficulty of each given game takes into account the rating of the opponent and the location of the game. This is the same concept that is used in computing the WIN50% conference ratings."

Meaning right now the SOS is garbage. But at the end of the year would make more sense

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
No, because trying to rate a Qb, DE, and TE the same way doesn't make sense. How many TE's are taken in the top 10 vs QB and DE? Meaning it is super rare and the expectations on someone from that position must perform higher.

So if a player is drafted higher than normal for his position, he has to produce at the same level as the best player at that position in the entire NFL by the start of his second season or else he is a bust?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Common man, we all know who sets the rules over here. Sagarin is gospel, that is the way it is, I use it only because ISU fans can't argue it, when they so deeply love them some Sagarin.

As far as who is better than OU in the BIg10, I'd say easily OSU, Michigan, Penn St., Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. As far as who is better than the Hawks, those teams you listed, um no.
???

Oh...

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
have you not watched Josh Allen play this year and most of last year? If you say Kyker is great and not Allen you need to watch more football

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
Do people not watch the NFL? Josh Allen has been playing great since last year lead them to 10-6 record and the playoffs and started out this year killing it

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Do people not watch the NFL? Josh Allen has been playing great since last year lead them to 10-6 record and the playoffs and started out this year killing it
He's good but makes the dumbest decisions. Sometimes he tries to make too much out of nothing. If I recall, that cost them the playoff game.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

I’m talking about Jacksonville’s Josh Allen. It even says so right in the post you quoted.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Just as Iowa State set a new trend in college football because of its "cloud" defense, I think we're in the process of setting a new trend on the offensive side by playing 3 tight ends regularly. We're creating mismatches that teams have never encountered before. Heck, we even had a tight end throw to a tight end, something never before seen.