Tight End U

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Based on your beloved Sagarin BYU, Tulsa, West Virginia, Baylor, Okie State (big 12 schools which you said are closer to sun belt east teams and the Big 12 in general is bad, according to you), Marshall, ARKANSAS HAHAHA, UCF, and Miami-Florida are all better than your beloved Hawks. Good to know you agree with that

I only use Sagarin because it is gospel around here. I think Sagarin is a joke, but you Clone fans love you some Sagarin.

• Dumb
Reactions: mikeiastat and 1776

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you qualify for an NFL pension that is a nice career. It is extremely tough to do.

I don't think it's extremely tough to do. Don't you have to just be active or on the IR for 9 games over 3 seasons to get a pension?

• Haha
Reactions: 1776

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Delusional. The Big XII is terrible this year. It’s okay to admit it. It doesn’t take away anything Iowa Stare might accomplish this season.
Because OU is 2-2? Thats what you are basing that off of...?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
dude has three seasons that were 8, 3, 0 in receptions. solid career.

He hung on for five seasons. Injuries decimated his career. Dude was really talented and maybe Iowa's most talented TE they've had. Just one of those guys that had a hard time staying on the field for a lot of different injury reasons. He missed an entire year after his rookie year too.

• Dumb
Reactions: mikeiastat

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
If he can stay healthy, he is on pace for 60 catches, 720 yards and 8 TDs. That is a good season.
I'm assuming you meant to respond to my other post talking about Hock? If so, yes, I would call that a GOOD season. But I still stand by my statement that in my opinion he is a bust until he starts producing at a Kittle level given where he was drafted. That doesn't mean he is terrible. Just means it was a bust pick and one of more value could have been made

• Agree

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I only use Sagarin because it is gospel around here. I think Sagarin is a joke, but you Clone fans love you some Sagarin.
Who is "you clone fans"? But then you still agree with my previous statement that all those teams are better than your beloved Hawks?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm assuming you meant to respond to my other post talking about Hock? If so, yes, I would call that a GOOD season. But I still stand by my statement that in my opinion he is a bust until he starts producing at a Kittle level given where he was drafted. That doesn't mean he is terrible. Just means it was a bust pick and one of more value could have been made

I'm good with that. I wouldn't call him a bust, just not quite the level of where he was drafted at this point. He is also only 23 and just now entering his prime years so I expect his production to go up in the coming years.

I reserve busts for players like Jamarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, and the like.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
He hung on for five seasons. Injuries decimated his career. Dude was really talented and maybe Iowa's most talented TE they've had. Just one of those guys that had a hard time staying on the field for a lot of different injury reasons. He missed an entire year after his rookie year too.
You are even more so describing a textbook disappointing career....

• Agree

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Claiming that a player is a bust unless they start producing like the best player at their position in the entire league is a ridiculously high standard. By this standard, 99% of top ten picks are busts.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I'm good with that. I wouldn't call him a bust, just not quite the level of where he was drafted at this point. He is also only 23 and just now entering his prime years so I expect his production to go up in the coming years.

I reserve busts for players like Jamarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, and the like.
Totally fair by you. We just differ on what we call busts, no biggie. I'm fluid with my use of it. I wouldn't want to label him a bust for his entire career by any chance, more just saying as of today I would say it. In 3 seasons he could very easily be the best TE in the NFL and you wouldn't hear me calling him anything but a beast. I just am purely basing it on his current production given his draft position

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Who is "you clone fans"? But then you still agree with my previous statement that all those teams are better than your beloved Hawks?

Common man, we all know who sets the rules over here. Sagarin is gospel, that is the way it is, I use it only because ISU fans can't argue it, when they so deeply love them some Sagarin.

As far as who is better than OU in the BIg10, I'd say easily OSU, Michigan, Penn St., Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. As far as who is better than the Hawks, those teams you listed, um no.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Claiming that a player is a bust unless they start producing like the best player at their position in the entire league is a ridiculously high standard. By this standard, 99% of top ten picks are busts.
Um....that is exactly the point of being a top 10 pick. They except you to produce at an extremely high level right from the get go.

Mississippi Clone

Aug 6, 2016
Delusional. The Big XII is terrible this year. It’s okay to admit it. It doesn’t take away anything Iowa Stare might accomplish this season.
Brodie, really why do you come here and continue this crap? You really come off as a complete tool. Go to the Hawk forum where you will get plenty of people to agree with you.

Last edited:

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Um....that is exactly the point of being a top 10 pick. They except you to produce at an extremely high level right from the get go.

If you want to call Kyler Murray, Nick Bosa and Josh Allen busts, have at it. That’s an absurd take, but I respect your commitment to the bit.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cytown12 and 1776