Tickets for Iowa game--Sold out?

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
We've had 3 or 4 season tickets for 20 plus years. I've thrown tickets in the garbage before selling to the competition. However, if I have had extra tickets, I'll either sell to an isu fan or give to isu fans that haven't been to many games...ie...friends of our family. Lots of great moments when a father can take his kids to a game at Jack. I'll never sell or give to the competition.

frankd97

Aug 16, 2021
Never say you are looking for a "Cheap deal", Say you are looking for something "within your budget". Everyone's budget is different depending on circumstances.
Merely paraphrasing the post i quoted. Nothing cheap about $200/ticket. That is double what i paid to see #1 Bama v #3 LSU. Never paid that much for a ticket.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I see what tickets are listed for on Tickpick and Stubhub, but is anyone actually buying or selling at those prices? There are several $500+ seats listed.

It's definitely a different world with covid and the Clones are predicted to have a historical season, but I have paid those prices for NFL Playoffs and World Series games.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We've had 3 or 4 season tickets for 20 plus years. I've thrown tickets in the garbage before selling to the competition. However, if I have had extra tickets, I'll either sell to an isu fan or give to isu fans that haven't been to many games...ie...friends of our family. Lots of great moments when a father can take his kids to a game at Jack. I'll never sell or give to the competition.

I have never nor will I sell to an Iowa fan. Two years ago I had to sell our 4 tickets because of a wedding and I made sure they fell in the hands of Iowa State fans. I probably could have made another $200 but I don't want that stink in my seats.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Never say you are looking for a "Cheap deal", Say you are looking for something "within your budget". Everyone's budget is different depending on circumstances.
In my last two trips I had a single and two tickets (decent ones) handed me as I stood at the ticket window as masses of fans entered.

Even though I offered more than face value to my new-to-me Cyclone pals. Both times I sat with these nice people and we chatted through the game. One even bought me hot chocolate at that cold Baylor game. I couldn't put a price on this!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How dare you. Anyway, I’m an ISU fan looking for a cheap deal.

A friend suggested i post here. Graduated in 97, lived in Helser. Went to the first Insight.com and Indy bowls. Proposed to my wife under the campanile. Living on the West coast I have tried to convince my wife of vacationing at Okoboji or Saylorville…so far she ain’t biting. Brought the kids out 7-8 years ago when they were little. Bringing them back for theIowa game. See friends, campus, tailgate. Looking for three tickets. Hoping for $200 range.

Go Clones!
I might have respectfully suggested going for Homecoming with OSU if you’re trying to be fiscally responsible, but everyone has their own priorities. Good luck!

Reactions: frankd97

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I see what tickets are listed for on Tickpick and Stubhub, but is anyone actually buying or selling at those prices? There are several $500+ seats listed.

It's definitely a different world with covid and the Clones are predicted to have a historical season, but I have paid those prices for NFL Playoffs and World Series games.

I would be curious what the sales have been like but unfortunately stubhub took that feature away. We sold our good lower level ones for $500 and it looks like any others in that price were bought up. Now your basically just left with YOLO prices. Give it another week or 2 and sellers will start to feel pressure.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO

I think it's more of a... I'll consider selling my tickets for this much money if someone is willing to pay it sort of thing.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
ISU fans can be known as cheap and always looking for a deal.

This is true. I was offered below face value for my UNI tickets. I have no intention of sticking it to someone on price, but at least make a reasonable offer if you actually want them. I posted a price and willing to come down, but below face value for a team ranked pre-season top 10? Come on...

Now my KU tickets, I'll be happy to sell for $50 each haha (also can't make that game).

Reactions: I@ST1

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Doesn’t upset me. Just saying that ISU fans can be known as cheap and always looking for a deal.

I would rather be known as cheap and pay something rather than the “looking for a handout (free)” like a lot of hok fans do.

• Dumb
Reactions: I@ST1