Thursday Streaming Questions

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I will be between Galveston and Dallas on Thursday. Will I be able to listen to John and Eric call the game if I stream The Bus on iHeart? Think I remember that the Cyclone Radio Network doesn't allow that - hoping I'm wrong.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I will be between Galveston and Dallas on Thursday. Will I be able to listen to John and Eric call the game if I stream The Bus on iHeart? Think I remember that the Cyclone Radio Network doesn't allow that - hoping I'm wrong.

Also you won't be able to stream on the cyclones app either. The NCAA gives exclusive radio rights to Westwood One. See tweet below:

Reminder to our subscribers and to those who use our online audio: We are NOT allowed to stream audio of NCAA games. Use CBS/Westwood One

Not sure if Westwood One has a radio app or not. But I'm guessing that most sports stations will be carrying games. We listened to the games on our drive down to San Antonio last year on XM/Sirius. It seemed like there were maybe 2 or 3 stations that had games on at any given time. Also, I heard that XM/Sirius is having a free trial for the next few days, so you should be able to get the games if you have a capable radio in your car even if you don't subscribe.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I was told there is an app where you can watch all the games on your phone. Does anyone else do this or know anything about it?

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
there is a march madness app. I used it last year and it worked perfectly. Already have it downloaded for this years tourney. I found it just by searching "march madness" in the google play store and it was the first result.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
there is a march madness app. I used it last year and it worked perfectly. Already have it downloaded for this years tourney. I found it just by searching "march madness" in the google play store and it was the first result.

And it is one of the best Android apps I've ever used. It is the standard to which all other apps should be judged.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

It works great. I do think you have to sign in through your cable provider though.

Gordilly

Sep 5, 2011
Looks like there's a 3 hour grace period before you have to sign in. If that doesn't work, then at least you can use it to listen to the radio broadcast...

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Directv users trutv is also one of their streaming channels thru their app as well. Not sure which is better between that and march madness app.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
last year i found that i could get around the 3-hour limit if i used the "invisible mode" in Chrome. at least, i'm pretty sure that's how i did it...i think it uses a cookie to determine the elapsed time.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Tune in app has a Westwood radio channel, could find one on iheart though.

FYI just to clarify about Tune in app, listened to the first play in game already tonight. I think each game gets its own channel, so just search Westwood and list of games comes up.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
last year i found that i could get around the 3-hour limit if i used the "invisible mode" in Chrome. at least, i'm pretty sure that's how i did it...i think it uses a cookie to determine the elapsed time.
Hoping this will work again. We're going to have the games going in our conference room & I don't want it to cut out after 3 hours. At the very least we should be able to make it through the ISU game, though.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
were the games on TuneIn this season available legally? I was under the impression that Learfield controlled this streams and therefore you had to subscribe to the ISU product. same reason that radio station streams get blocked during live games.

for the same reason, it wouldnt surprise me if TruTV is blocked on DTV streaming during the tourney.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Hoping this will work again. We're going to have the games going in our conference room & I don't want it to cut out after 3 hours. At the very least we should be able to make it through the ISU game, though.

If it doesn't work in Chrome, try it in Firefox. Also, after the time runs out, or before then, you'll want to close the browser out and reopen. Between the two browsers, I've watched about 7 hours of game time, so I think that pretty much settles it. This worked on my wife's MacBook.

But, for some reason last night on my Thinkpad, I couldn't get the game to load on either browser in 'invisible' mode. I thought maybe it was a popup blocker issue, but it wasn't. The commercials would play, but not the game stream, which kept giving me an anonymous error. Weird... Hopefully this is just a fluke and it works fine for everyone else!