Thread of great guitarists

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
The problem with this question is that it needs to be qualified. Because for every Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Allman, etc., there are many out there who were/are better, but never made it into a band that got a record contract.

It is a team sport.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sounds incredible. Need to post pics of your custom in this thread when you get it.
Here you go sir. Taken ages but shes better than I expected, and plays better than she looks.

IMG_20200903_180751.jpg

Warmoth custom body semi hollow - Koa top Alder back
Warmoth custom neck - Birds eye maple
Sperzel locking tuning machines (Aztec gold plated)
DiMarzio single coil style humbuckers
neck - Air Norton
middle - The Chopper
bridge - Super Distortion
Gold plated fender american standard bridge and tremelo

Last edited:

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Some of my other favorites... the short list:

Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
Jeff Hanneman/Kerry King (Slayer)
K.K. Downing/Glenn Tipton (Judas Priest)
Sammy Duet (Goatwhore)
Karl Sanders (Nile)
Ralph Santolla (ex-Death, Obituary, Sebastian Bach) RIP
Jim Martin (ex-Faith No More)
Kirk Windstein (Crowbar/Down)

• Winner
Reactions: 0u812

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I am not a big country fan at all, but you have to give some huge props to guys like Glen Campbell and Roy Clark as well.

This first one, you need to watch the entire video to the end.....

this one you can start at the 1:00 minute mark....

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold is one of the best current ones out there

tolstoy

Aug 17, 2016
they’re both tele’s aren’t they?

Is there a reason you have the headstock for a left handed guitarist on one and a right handed on another?

The tele I made from scratch. They are both tributes to my daughters. If you look just below the bridge on both guitars you will see a sticker. This type of sticker used to be available at every truck stop in America. Usually they said things like “Special” or “Custom”. Stevie Ray Vaughn famously had a “Custom” one mounted in the same place on his #1 strat. I found a guy who was reproducing these stickers, but you could have them say whatever you wanted. The green strat is “Evalyn” for my oldest, and the tele is “Layla” for my second daughter. I had another made for my wife. My daughter “Layla” is left handed, and while I’ma righty, I thought it was a cool way to represent her in her namesake guitar. It was supposed to be pink, but Layla is a tough little chick, so I was repping that by relicing the guitar. An aging glaze I put over the pink finish yellowed it more than I wanted it to, but it still looks cool.

The strat still has a tremolo bridge. I just really like the sound of the bridge pickup in a tele, and some of that sound is attributed to the metal plate they are mounted to in a tele. I just fabricated a metal plate and cut out a custom pick guard to fit it and the tele pickup to my strat.

Tolstoy

Last edited:
Reactions: clone4life82