Thomas Gooden NOT committed to ISU

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have been told that Thomas Gooden has NOT committed to ISU and in fact has not even received an offer from ISU. The site that reported this is going off of something other than the facts.

Not to sound like I get anything from it but I would highly recommend people following CycloneReport for recruiting info as you'll get a much better picture of who has been recruited and who hasn't.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
thanks jeremy...and paul

I tell you it's nice getting along. I hadn't heard of Gooden AT ALL up until that post about him committing and usually I get wind of who all we're looking at from the inside long before it gets serious and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how this got through. Paul made sure to let me know - good friend.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Well seing is how I did not report a commitment I just said that I feel like there is mutual interest. Look at the facts. I don't know if he did commit or not but the fact of the guys article seem pretty straight.

He is being recruited alongside Schwartz by the same recruiter at Iowa State. Now maybe the kid is blowing smoke up the writers behind but why would he name ISU? Just curious. Just because Paul Clark said he is not commited does not mean he is not commited. Paul does not know everything. Jeremy does not know everything. I have yet to see where someone has spoke with the kid or the coach.

So I will go with Uncommited and Mutual interest at this point.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Here's how it went down...

The newspaper misprinted that ISU was involved and Scout/CN saw it and ran with it by putting him as a commit in their database. Both Paul and I have confirmed that no offer was even extended, let alone accepted.

Todd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
OK, I'm officailly off the "No Photo Available" Recruit bandwagon and back on to the 4*'s. I told you this guy was mysterious!

Last edited:

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I tell you it's nice getting along. I hadn't heard of Gooden AT ALL up until that post about him committing and usually I get wind of who all we're looking at from the inside long before it gets serious and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how this got through. Paul made sure to let me know - good friend.

Jeremy,

There was a link to an article from that area that indicated that Scott Fountain was in the area and had signed Schwartz and Gooden. Why would they throw it out there if they werent even looking at him. I'm not indicating that the article is correct, but, did Pauls sources confirm that this kid is not committed?

Among the recruiters making the rounds is Scott Fountain, the former UCF recruiting coordinator who now has that job at Iowa State. Fountain, who got an early oral commitment from Edgewater's Jeremiah Schwartz also has landed a pledge from Dr. Phillips linebacker Thomas Gooden.

Finals organizers seek record crowd -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Second Question - reports have indicated that LJ Gambin has committed, any truth to that???

Sorry, saw your response afterwards.....

I did notice though we are recruiting one of his teammates so if something went down, it wouldnt surprise me. We currently have an offer out there for one of the O-Linemen from Goodens team his name is Corey Dawe....so we have been snoopin around that area for a while.....

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The Orlando Sentinel is the paper that was wrong when they stated that Thomas Gooden had committed to ISU and Scout picked it up and ran with it as matter of fact. Gooden hasn't been offered by ISU and actually hasn't really received much interest.

As far as LJ - I would refer you to another source because I haven't made any calls about him today. I wouldn't be surprised though.