This Oddly Feels Like a Game of Would You Rather

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
There isn’t much to disect from ISU’s game last night. And there wasn’t much to take away if I was an Iowa fan from 3/4 of the NIU game either.

So I keep thinking would you rather have 5 minutes and only 5 minutes of really good football going into CyHawk game? Where Iowa saw maybe 2 formations and has limited details on your team? Your players fresh, and some confidence built with receivers, and your QB going 3-3 with a touchdown.

Or would you rather have played the entire game. Have your players with at least 1 game of seasoning under their belts. A lot more experience with the schemes in game speed, etc?

As a fan....obviously the later. I’m sure CMC and his coaches would have chosen the later as well. So what are more pro’s and con’s?

Would you rather......

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Before the season started, I thought the ISU-Iowa game was a push. Could really go either way.

With how yesterday went, I'd now put my money on Iowa as a slight favorite.

Yes, there are pros and cons for both, but I think having one game under your belt is the biggest factor IMO, as long as there weren't any significant injuries.

Not sure if Iowa or ISU would have shown much yesterday anyway on tape for the other to do much with.

• Agree
Reactions: tyler24

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Full game to find improvement the week before Oklahoma coming to Ames.

At least there were deficiencies for. ISU in that short amount of time.

SDSU's 1st down looked like ISU was slow to react and ISU didn't do anything until the Butler pass.

• Agree
Reactions: GoClones123

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
Before the season started, I thought the ISU-Iowa game was a push. Could really go either way.

With how yesterday went, I'd now put my money on Iowa as a slight favorite.

Yes, there are pros and cons for both, but I think having one game under your belt is the biggest factor IMO, as long as there weren't any significant injuries.

Not sure if Iowa or ISU would have shown much yesterday anyway on tape for the other to do much with.

I think this is where I’m at as well. But I’m preparing myself for the week of fluff and sunshine that will be pumped from pundits and personalities that will build false hope.

IaStateFB 1

Aug 27, 2018
I think the differences are very minor with a slight preference for a full game. The fact Campbell would rather have 7 days to prepare rather than a game on Sunday and 6 days tells me he's not too worried about it.
Losing out on a game sucks, but I not that worried. We looked pretty good in the first 4 minutes of the game. Plus, we avoided injuries and get the suspended players back.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Clearly no one is anticipating Kinnick being flooded Saturday.

Maybe the team should reserve extra hotel rooms Saturday night, just in case?

Jimlad?

UNI Dome. 7 pm kick. First come first serve.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
I am sure coaches would like to have that first game to make coaching more effective. Players coached up as to where to be after seeing them under the lights. But ISU has film to study and Iowa really does not. Besides, ISU defense will likely be 4-2-5 against Iowa and never lined up that way against SDSU.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Having a game under your belt is the bigger advantage. Hopefully our guys come out extra fired up after having a game taken away from them.

HititHard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 11, 2009
The improvement in execution between game one and game 2 fat outweighs not giving an opponent film.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Or, having film yourself. Because some guys don’t perform as well under the lights as they do in practice—and vice versa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron