Think NIU will get crushed?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I don't think NIU will get blown out. FSU won't really care and NIU has some players to keep it close. Its not like FSU is anything special. They barely beat a **** poor 6-6 Gtech team.

I agree and I even think NIU could beat them. The ACC was down a little bit this year and I think they are beatable. You only have to look at the GT and NC St.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I just can't see NIU scoring more than 7 points against FSU's defense.

NIU does have a gamer at QB, so I would expect that they will score a little. But losing their coach hurts. I'd guess something like 35-14.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Well Iowa had one of NIU's opponents on the schedule and they couldn't beat them at home so I'm not so sure about this.

Iowa was bad this year this year, but still had no business losing to Central Michigan (a team Michigan St. beat 41-7 a week before) at home. With NIU's schedule I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibilities for them to go undefeated or have one loss. It doesn't even have to be Iowa though you can replace them in my statement with several of the bottom half teams this year in the Big 12, SEC, Big 10, and Pac12 and I would stand by my statement.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This whole mess arose out of the Big East and ACC (and sometimes the Big Ten) starting to just totally suck at football. Had nothing to do with realignment, teams in those leagues just slipped as the SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12 got much better.

It has been true lately that non-AQ conference champs have FREQUENTLY been better than AQ champs, even some non-AQ non-conference champs like #7 BSU last year. But because of that a poorly crafted rule has put a really average MAC team in the Orange Bowl.

They lost to a bad Iowa team and barely beat a horrible KU team. Think about that. By that standard Iowa State should have what? Somewhere between 35 to 55 Orange Bowl appearances? In reality we have zero. And that's why the best sport in the world has the worst postseason in the world.

ess108

Dec 13, 2010
Fairmont, WV
If FSU shows up for this game, they will beat NIU by 40 pts or more IMO. That's a BIG if though. I think it will be hard for FSU to get up for this game. They can win by 50 and it probably won't help them. One of those lose-lose situations for them.

Also, the place will likely be a morgue. Nobody is excited for this game, and not many will attend probably. That also makes it tough for FSU to get up for this debacle.

I hope the Noles lay it on them though. I hope they beat them by 60 or more.... and don't let off the gas pedal either.

This. If FSU can get motivated for this game it won't be close. The talent gap is so wide between these teams.

Help Support Us

Become a patron