The worst thing

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Overall, it's meaningless, other than I like to check to see who is upping my rep and what they are saying about my posts.

Click on "User CP". A list of your last five reputations are there. From what I understand, someone can grant positive rep without leaving comments. Negative rep must come with comments.

It's secret who is leaving you rep.

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
Click on "User CP". A list of your last five reputations are there. From what I understand, someone can grant positive rep without leaving comments. Negative rep must come with comments.

secret cyber affairs

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

I like to see which of my posts get rep...either positive or negative. That part is kinda fun.

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
Ok, it's a deal. I suppose I better get ahold of Bonnie Hunt so we can make a fair trade.

Bonnie just got divorced...so I am quite hopeful with fingers and toes crossed...now...if I can just convince the lass to have that pesky little "restraining order" removed

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ok, it's a deal. I suppose I better get ahold of Bonnie Hunt so we can make a fair trade.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHa!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Now, disagreeing with someone is not a reason to give negative rep. IMO. When someone posts something completely ridiculous, rude, etc - that's a perfect reason to consider giving negative rep points.

ISUFan is right - the only reason I'd consider giving negative rep is because someone says something rude or offensive. I don't even care if what they say is ridiculous, personally - there are topics that all of us are unclear about. There's just no call for being offensive to someone just for the sake of it.

I make sure to sign my name on all rep I give - bad or good. That's one way to take responsibility for your opinions.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
For what it is worth, I see it as being more divisive than helpful.

Posters are already going to agree/disagree, why make it even more subjective.

Let what is discussed carry its own weight.

Just my opinion.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
ISUFan is right - the only reason I'd consider giving negative rep is because someone says something rude or offensive. I don't even care if what they say is ridiculous, personally - there are topics that all of us are unclear about. There's just no call for being offensive to someone just for the sake of it.

I make sure to sign my name on all rep I give - bad or good. That's one way to take responsibility for your opinions.

Completely agree with you Angie! I have started to sign my name as well!

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
I sense we are dragging things Off-Topic :sorry8bj:

that is when they become interesting....enough talk of bubble screens and whether to play "sweet caroline" or not!...Let us hatch our evil plans to heist hotties from around the globe...and keep them to ourselves on some secluded island

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006

Actually you gave me a bad Rep and did not attach your name to it and I said nothing offensive. We had a disagreement over subject matter and you hit me up. The only reason I know it was you was clicking on the link that I received it on you your name popped up.