The worst customer service you've ever received

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Not sure how I forgot one of the best ones....

We take possession of the house and we're waiting for our new refrigerator, washer and dryer to be delivered. Won't be here for a week until after we take possession but no problem because we still have our apartment for 12 days after we get the keys. I ordered the appliances a month before we actually needed them.

Two days prior to delivery, they call to confirm I will be home. I confirm I will because I'm always here. OK, great, the appliances are currently en route from New York to California, and from California they will be shipped to Arizona. Fine. They call me the next day (one day prior to delivery) and tell me they don't know where the refrigerator is. What? The delivery left and I had been tracking it the entire time. Did someone steal it in Ohio? How do you lose a single massive refrigerator, and how did no one know it was missing a week ago when it left the dock?

Nevertheless, they have no idea where it is. And they refuse to complete delivery with a missing item, which means I won't get my washer/dryer either. The distribution company is blaming the delivery company for losing it, the delivery company is saying the distributor never put it on the truck. The distribution company asks me what I want to do....I want my appliances, now! They say it will take 14-21 days to get them to me, and that they'll reprocess the entire order. So I'll be without all three for three more weeks, and that is if they show up at all. What are they willing to give me to make it right? Nothing. It isn't their fault.

It was $400 cheaper than I was going to pay from a local retail store, so I reprocessed the order and they did get them to me in eleven days so I was only without appliances for a little over a week. But it still sucked, I got nothing for my headache and no one ever took blame for anything.

And the fridge didn't fit when it did show up. So it sat plugged in on the side of the dining room for another week until I could get someone to come out and grind the granite countertop down.

Yeah, this has been a fun few months. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go repair my non-warrantied irrigation system which broke this week.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I think the whole Cable/Satellite business model is wrong. Why not offer customers with seniority the deals to KEEP them, such as reducing fees after anniversary dates or adding more channels, updates, and gadgetry at no cost - thus building a customer loyalty that feels the company appreciates their loyalty, too.

Instead, you get people shopping new customer incentives, switching back and forth, and thus costing more for customer service to get all those accounts added and closed out and ******* off people when it's done wrong, thus building more bad feelings towards the now former customers, ensuring they probably won't ever come back.

Of course, I never got a business degree, so what the **** do I know.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Not sure how I forgot one of the best ones....

We take possession of the house and we're waiting for our new refrigerator, washer and dryer to be delivered. Won't be here for a week until after we take possession but no problem because we still have our apartment for 12 days after we get the keys. I ordered the appliances a month before we actually needed them.

Two days prior to delivery, they call to confirm I will be home. I confirm I will because I'm always here. OK, great, the appliances are currently en route from New York to California, and from California they will be shipped to Arizona. Fine. They call me the next day (one day prior to delivery) and tell me they don't know where the refrigerator is. What? The delivery left and I had been tracking it the entire time. Did someone steal it in Ohio? How do you lose a single massive refrigerator, and how did no one know it was missing a week ago when it left the dock?

Nevertheless, they have no idea where it is. And they refuse to complete delivery with a missing item, which means I won't get my washer/dryer either. The distribution company is blaming the delivery company for losing it, the delivery company is saying the distributor never put it on the truck. The distribution company asks me what I want to do....I want my appliances, now! They say it will take 14-21 days to get them to me, and that they'll reprocess the entire order. So I'll be without all three for three more weeks, and that is if they show up at all. What are they willing to give me to make it right? Nothing. It isn't their fault.

It was $400 cheaper than I was going to pay from a local retail store, so I reprocessed the order and they did get them to me in eleven days so I was only without appliances for a little over a week. But it still sucked, I got nothing for my headache and no one ever took blame for anything.

And the fridge didn't fit when it did show up. So it sat plugged in on the side of the dining room for another week until I could get someone to come out and grind the granite countertop down.

Yeah, this has been a fun few months. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go repair my non-warrantied irrigation system which broke this week.

This sound vaguely. No specifically, familiar.

Is this by any chance a large box store - Name starts with the letter "L" that "owes" you some compensation for your problem?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Mediacom sounds like the Company from Hades. Were they not named one of the worst companies in the US awhile back?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And my Mediacom saga continues. &nbsp;After 4 weeks (3 visits from techs, one per week because they couldn't schedule anything sooner) &nbsp;without internet service, they finally sent someone who found a problem and fixed it.<br><br>It worked perfectly for a week. &nbsp;Starting yesterday, my internet went out occasionally during the day (I work from home on Tuesdays and I work right by the router, so I can see when it goes off and on). &nbsp;It went off maybe 6 times during the day, but only for a few seconds. &nbsp;According to their automated system, they were experiencing issues and trying to fix it. &nbsp;It worked perfectly all night.<br><br>Today, it was off when I got home and has been off more than it has been on (off for 30 minutes, on for 5). &nbsp;Called again, they say there are no issues in my area. &nbsp;Can't get an appointment until next Wednesday.<br><br>So long story short, anyone in West Des Moines having problems with their Mediacom internet yesterday/today? &nbsp;I'm hopeful that it is system issue that they are going to fix without having to wait another god damn week for a service visit. &nbsp;<br><br>Before June 30th, I honestly had little trouble with them. &nbsp;But the past month has been hell. &nbsp;I'll have to consider switching but when their internet works it is superior and I like the cyclones.tv channel and having WatchESPN.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
And my Mediacom saga continues. &nbsp;After 4 weeks (3 visits from techs, one per week because they couldn't schedule anything sooner) &nbsp;without internet service, they finally sent someone who found a problem and fixed it.<br><br>It worked perfectly for a week. &nbsp;Starting yesterday, my internet went out occasionally during the day (I work from home on Tuesdays and I work right by the router, so I can see when it goes off and on). &nbsp;It went off maybe 6 times during the day, but only for a few seconds. &nbsp;According to their automated system, they were experiencing issues and trying to fix it. &nbsp;It worked perfectly all night.<br><br>Today, it was off when I got home and has been off more than it has been on (off for 30 minutes, on for 5). &nbsp;Called again, they say there are no issues in my area. &nbsp;Can't get an appointment until next Wednesday.<br><br>So long story short, anyone in West Des Moines having problems with their Mediacom internet yesterday/today? &nbsp;I'm hopeful that it is system issue that they are going to fix without having to wait another god damn week for a service visit. &nbsp;<br><br>Before June 30th, I honestly had little trouble with them. &nbsp;But the past month has been hell. &nbsp;I'll have to consider switching but when their internet works it is superior and I like the cyclones.tv channel and having WatchESPN.

Now your internet is so bad, it's messing up your posts

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Now your internet is so bad, it's messing up your posts

Ha :) That's the anger I have. In actuality, in the time that it took me to write that post my internet was working and then not working.

Me and the poor sap that is running Mediacom's facebook page have apparently established that there are power surges in the modem. What does this mean? No one seems to know. The Mediacom guy asks me to try another power outlet. I do, doesn't work. The Mediacom guy asks me to try unscrewing the coax cables. I tell him this isn't my first time at the rodeo....that was tried before I even called the automated lady on the phone.

I'll go and pick up a new modem tomorrow and see if that helps. But it is a brand new modem, so that won't be the problem.

The most frustrating part is that they don't seem to grasp that literally nothing had gone wrong with it for years until it went out in the middle of a storm. They seem to think that I've added a bunch of splitters to my cable or that I am too stupid to turn on my computer or that I've gotten a new wireless router. None of that has changed.

So who has the best deal on Dish or Directv?? :)

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
While this probably wouldn't have helped you last night, we've had great success dealing with @MediacomSupport via Twitter when we've had problems with modems, etc. Of course you need to have another source of Internet access if the modem isn't working, so sometimes it takes me longer to type responses on my phone. But, this account is very quick to respond -- use DM (need to follow them first) to make it one-to-one conversation -- regardless of the issue or problem.

We had a bad modem once, went through the regular diagnostics with them via Twitter DM and finally they told us to take it back and get a new one. DH exchanged it next day, hooked it up and nothing. Did the DM thing again and nothing they suggested could help. Back to the local office again. Turned out the wrong cable/cord was packaged with the modem. Local office person saw and recognized that right away, gave us the right one and it worked.