The OA (Netflix Series)

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
Anyone else watch the Netflix series The OA? I burned through in the last few weeks. The concept is a blind woman who has been missing for 7 years reappears under strange circumstance. The show is really hard to explain but the production value is very high and if you are able to suspend disbelief a little bit and enjoy surreal stuff I'd check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4635282/

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
What genre would you consider it? And is it scary at all? If so, I'd have to watch when the lady isn't around.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Listened to a Podcast where they talked about it this morning. Is the 73 minute first episode easy to get through or does it feel long?

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
I'm on Episode 5. Super goofy and don't want to give away any spoilers. Also, Brad Pitt is an executive director. Looking forward to figuring out what is going on.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Listened to a Podcast where they talked about it this morning. Is the 73 minute first episode easy to get through or does it feel long?
I thought the first episode was set up nicely. It's something that hasn't been done. That being said, if you don't like a little slow burn (with payoff) it might not be for you.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
It's almost like an adult version of Stranger Things. It's really good.

I'm looking forward to Taboo

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
What genre would you consider it? And is it scary at all? If so, I'd have to watch when the lady isn't around.
If I had to compare it to anything it would probably be Lost but hopefully that doesn't turn people off of it. I'd say the genre is either Mystery or Drama. Makes you think about a lot of stuff and different people probably go different way with the content.

Is the 73 minute first episode easy to get through or does it feel long?
To me it's very interesting story telling that sucks you in so you don't notice the time.

• Useful
Reactions: cyclonespiker33

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
The production value is great and the acting is good. The plot is certainly intriguing, but you definitely have to be willing to suspend your disbelief, otherwise it can come off as a bit goofy or even cheesy. The first season finale ruffled a few feathers in the media.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I thought it was really good. Yeah, there are a few times when I was wondering what the hell was going on, but it ties up together...mostly.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Finished the first season yesterday. I was pretty pleased with it. I thought it was a pretty good story line that made me want to watch more.

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
Finished the first season yesterday. I was pretty pleased with it. I thought it was a pretty good story line that made me want to watch more.
Did you end up watching with your "lady"? My wife and mom both really liked it also.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Finished last night, disappointed in the ending but overall pretty good. I guess if you want to make another season you usually end up with a lame, nondefinitive ending.

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
Season 2 just came out Friday. My wife and I watched it all this weekend. It lives up to the standard set by the first one. Again you have to be able to spend disbelief but if you can it's a great story and is thought provoking.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Season 2 just came out Friday. My wife and I watched it all this weekend. It lives up to the standard set by the first one. Again you have to be able to spend disbelief but if you can it's a great story and is thought provoking.

I’m still trying to figure out what the hell happened...

Great show but it takes more than 1 watching to fully get it.

• Agree
Reactions: CYTUTT and MrTippet

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
I just hope they can finish out the 5 seasons they have planned out.

Reactions: bstegs